Can't download Cave Story

Jan 3, 2006 at 3:59 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
...because it seems to have vanished. The one link to download it that all the various Cave Story sites point to gives me an error. Pixel's offical site sends me to a black page with a link to a japanese message board.

Is this game mirrored anywhere? I understand its fantastic, and I'd really like to play it.

Thank you.

Jan 6, 2006 at 2:12 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Pixel cleared out his site a week or so ago and no one's quite sure why yet. However, his webspace provider, Vector, still has the file available; it's just not linked from his site at the moment. You can get it at:

http://www.vector.co.jp/download/file/win95/game/fh369479.html

I'll keep asking Gideon Zhi to change the broken link.

Jan 7, 2006 at 8:59 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
He had some other interesting things up there too. Think he's just redoing his site or something? I got the pc version like a day or so before the site got black'd.

Jan 7, 2006 at 7:24 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you very much!

Now, another question. Why does this game run extremely slowly? I have a pretty fast computer.

Any help would be great.

Jan 7, 2006 at 8:56 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You might check the Troubleshooting page of the manual for any tips. I know some people have had problems until they set their audio hardware acceleration to "Basic".

Jan 9, 2006 at 7:49 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Okay, still not working. I've tried what the manual mentioned, but it's still not working.

I went into my DirectX config stuff and the audio acceleration was already set to basic. Anything else in there I should try changing?

I also tried playing the game a variety of window sizes and both 24 and 32 bit color and it still doesn't work. I don't get it.

Help?