Bunny Must Die

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:45 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I never got to download it... is it more weird than Facade?

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's definitely worth playing, even if you're not very good at it. I'd give you my copy but that's pirating and all. Sorry.

Oh also if you guys still aren't clear on the whole "perfect-guard-whatever" trick, all you have to do is press any direction or the jump key when you get hit. It's kind of tricky because you have such a small reaction timer but it can guard everything.

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Saw a little of the livestream.
THE CAT

Looks pretty good, I'll have to give it a try sometime...
Actually, I *might* have tried it years ago, and stopped before I gave it a chance. Same thing happened with La Mulana at first.

Loving the music.

Feb 4, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Professional Whatever
I still think the new cat is better but then again I am a sucker for cute anime things

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
http://www.livestream.com/drawingstuff123

Gonna be streaming some more Bunny Must Die tonight. Hopefully I’ll be able to finish Chelsea’s storyline.

Stream ended. Finished playing Chelsea's story. Her mode has the most gameplay changes.

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Indie game enthusiast
When you finally defeated the "Dracula" battle, half the video was missing! But, glad you finally beat his FACE xD

Well done, that final boss was long! I'm not quite sure how you stopped her from using the insta-kill? I saw a FAQ pop-up though xD

Actually watching your livestream convinced me to try streaming as well...

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Professional Whatever
The insta-kill thing you just have to not touch her or her swords and you're good.
Also have like twenty elixirs on hand

I should probably beat up Bunny at some point.

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
The insta-kill thing you just have to not touch her or her swords and you're good.
Also have like twenty elixirs on hand

I should probably beat up Bunny at some point.
The elixirs work oddly in this game/are broken.

Even though I had 8, it would only activate once (and wouldn't even subtract from my total). And then after that they don't work anymore. It's almost as if the game only would let me use one.

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Professional Whatever
Well it was fine in the original, so I guess Android screwed it up.

As a side note, I notice that the new version's pinwheel jump thing doesn't consume mana.
What the fuck

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Well it was fine in the original, so I guess Android screwed it up.

As a side note, I notice that the new version's pinwheel jump thing doesn't consume mana.
What the fuck
The pinwheel not using mana is a great thing. I think it was intentional/I hope they don't change it. Not like it's game breaking.

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:22 AM
Indie game enthusiast
For the next 8 hours Bunny Must Die for Steam is only $2.00 on indie gala!
https://www.indiegala.com/rockin

Includes a bunch of other bullet hell games too...

EDIT: Now up to $2.49, not sure if it'll go back down... might at the end of the week?

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2016 at 3:10 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This is a game that I really want to like, but the clunky controls really make it difficult to get into it. It's hard to time your jumps correctly or aim your attacks, and if the characters were more responsive to inputs this could definitely be a great game in its own right.

Feb 20, 2016 at 4:52 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Bunny and co. are responsive to your movements, but it can take a while to get used to how they move. I think the hardest thing at first was getting used to the fact that a walking-jump and a standing jump had different jump heights. Bunny is a very acrobatic character though, who controls like a dream once you get used to her (and get some more of the mobility upgrades like running and wall jumping). There's a bunch of little tricks to moving her around though, like if you hold the jump key and double tap in a direction to run, she'll instantly do a running jump. It's a very useful move, but I don't think the game ever actually tells you how to do it.

I think the game also has a higher gravity than most platformers people play, since bunny falls very fast. And your control is a bit limited in the air, so you have to commit to your jumps.