Bottleneck problem

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
After I finished the game on Easy mode, I thought I'd take a luck with the Original mode, and this time I'd like to save Curly. I'm right at the critical point when I have to refuse Booster v0.8. Previously I've defeated Monster X, who is always a very hard enemy for me. Back when I played on Easy mode, I had to use my Life Pot during the battle, because it was hopeless to defeat Monster X otherwise. It seems my gameplay has improved since then, because now I was able to defeat him without using the Life Pot, on a harder game mode. Huzzah!

But here's the problem: I only have 1 hit points left after the battle, and I did save in Labyrinth B! I can't access the Heart Refiller on the other side without the Booster. When I take hundreds of tries to finally jump to the other side without the Booster, a Balrog fight waits for me in the other room which is... well... not sure if it's possible with 1 HP. Even if it's possible, if I die, I need to jump over that gap again, which is very time consuming... And I'd like to keep my Life Pot for the final bosses. They were really hard to defeat even on Easy mode, and as I've read, if I save Curly, I'll have an additional boss at the end. The conclusion is that I'm almost sure I won't be able to finish the game if I use my Life Pot now, even though I would be able to progress from this point...

Do you have any suggestions or am I eventually doomed?

I admit, I shouldn't have saved with 1 HP... maybe I should have taken the Monster X fight again hoping I can finish it better. But that ship has sailed away... I have a save at Labyrinth B with the gap with 1 HP where I can't access the Heart Refiller and I have a Life Pot which I wouldn't like to use now. :(

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Go kill some Gaudis that are in the room that Monster X was in. They should drop some hp. Go and save whenever you get more hp. Do this until you have enough hp to take down balrog.

Also you can go back to the sandzone after this and get another life pot from Jenka if you really want to.

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Based Member
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Also you can go back to the sandzone after this and get another life pot from Jenka if you really want to.
That, and you can get another one from Jenka's puppy in the Plantation before you go up, as well as an extra life capsule.

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Professional Whatever
You should hack the .dat with 1337 hackxzor skillz so that you have Enough health to defeat Balrog in the Labyrinth. I wish you all the Luck in the world.

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
It is perfectly possible to beat the entire game with 0 HP. The way you do that is by hacking the game, setting your life to 0 (yes this is possible), and you won't die because death only occurs when you take damage, not when you are walking around.

I suggest never saving with that low of an HP.

Of course, if you get good enough at Cave Story to speedrun WTF Story using 1 HP minimal items, you can definitely save regardless of what number is displayed on your health bar. But that might take a bit of practice and definitely a lot of time. Amazingly, some people have managed to pull it off.

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:57 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Go kill some Gaudis that are in the room that Monster X was in. They should drop some hp. Go and save whenever you get more hp. Do this until you have enough hp to take down balrog.

Thanks! Then I have no problem. Actually, for some reason I thought I can't go back to kill more Gaudis. Hell knows why I got the impression... Also I didn't know that it's possible to get another Life Pot - I thought only one can be obtained through the entire game.

MagicDoors said:
You should hack the .dat with 1337 hackxzor skillz so that you have Enough health to defeat Balrog in the Labyrinth. I wish you all the Luck in the world.
I wouldn't like to cheat, thanks.

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:57 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
its possible to kill balrog with 1 hp for a hardcore gamer (Like me....) just learn the balrog attack pattern (And use lvl 2 blade for maximum PWN)