Boss code?

Jun 1, 2006 at 11:24 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I need to know how to code a Monster X fight, a Omega fight,
a Core fight, etc.

Jun 1, 2006 at 7:22 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
If you add more maps, as in more than 94, some bosses will not work. These are:

Balfrog
Core
Undead Core
Monster X
2-4 forms of Ballos

There's a lot more, but I can't recall them.

Jun 1, 2006 at 8:01 PM
I know, sofmints, but it's not the problem. I don't know how to make a major boss battle occur (Monster X, Omega, Core, etc)

Jun 1, 2006 at 8:27 PM
You have to use the map in which they occur in the original game, and you have to use the location where their fight is. Some boss fights also get glitchy if you change the triggers and event numbers. So overall, it is better to just find the codes in the original maps and remove the extraneous cutscene scripting.

Jun 1, 2006 at 9:04 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Softmints said:
If you add more maps, as in more than 94, some bosses will not work. These are:

Balfrog
Core
Undead Core
Monster X
2-4 forms of Ballos

There's a lot more, but I can't recall them.
Add Iron head
Omega
Attack sisters
And Heavy press to that list.

Jun 1, 2006 at 9:13 PM
"Huzzah!"
he's not asking about the boss glitch he's asking how you code for boss fights

personally I find that the scripting of major bosses is confusing particularly the use of <BSL0000 witch is supposed to indicate that no event will be run apon the defeation of that boss yet all bosses have events that run apon their defeat so it doesn't make sence

Jun 9, 2006 at 2:18 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Wait, if you add more maps, do the bosses just not work in the new maps, or do they just not work period?

And if you delete maps and THEN add more, will they work?

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:59 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Daka no Oni said:
Wait, if you add more maps, do the bosses just not work in the new maps, or do they just not work period?

They don't work at all.

Well, Balrog, Igor, and misery work. The rest don't.
If you delete maps and add new ones, the glitch still occurs.
This only happens with Sue's Workshop.
However, if you don't plan to go beyond the 95 maps already in Cave Story, this can be worked around by editing the maps that already exist into entirely new ones, rather than removing them and adding new ones. They can be resized in properties.

If you wish to rename a map, or change the sprite sheets it uses, that must be done in Miza or balfrog, frenzied toroko, monster x, the core, ironhead, the sisters, the red demon, the doctor, undead core, and ballos will not work. They will simply cease to exist in your mod if you modify map properties.

Jun 9, 2006 at 9:37 PM
"Huzzah!"
no frenzied toroko, red demon, the doctor, & ballos's first form arn't affected by the glitch eather

the glitch applys only to bosses that use <BSL0000

Jun 9, 2006 at 10:04 PM
caveoholic! said:
no frenzied toroko, red demon, the doctor, & ballos's first form arn't affected by the glitch eather

the glitch applys only to bosses that use <BSL0000

I'm fairly sure it applies to frenzied toroko, and the doctor.
At least the doctor's second form.

And it's bosses that use <BOA (Now all of these bosses happen to use <BSL0000, but it's the <BOA that's relevant to the glitch)

Jun 9, 2006 at 10:21 PM
"Huzzah!"
I've play-tested my entire mod (witch has more than 94 maps) & to fix some of the bosses I had to use <KEY<SVP<MS2Please exit and run "boss.exe"<NOD<ESC before glitch affected bosses & <KEY<SVP<MS2Please exit and run "Doukutsu.exe"<NOD<ESC
after them I haven't had to do that for frenzied toroko or the doctor in any form I am certian because I've play-tested the end bosses more than 20 times trying to get the undead core to work & I've tested frenzied toroko at least 5 times

Jun 9, 2006 at 11:43 PM
Ah. I misremembered. Sorry.

Jun 11, 2006 at 2:06 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Um... Sorry. I didn't understand any of the last two posts. Can you please restate what you just said?

Jun 11, 2006 at 4:27 AM
"Huzzah!"
Daka no Oni said:
Um... Sorry. I didn't understand any of the last two posts. Can you please restate what you just said?

I was arguing that frenzied toroko & the doctor arn't affected by the boss glitch

Jun 11, 2006 at 12:08 PM
Frenzied Toroko must not be affected by the glitch. It can work anywhere.

Jun 11, 2006 at 12:52 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
caveoholic! was mentioning that he had used two separate game exe files for his hack. The first would be the main game, with all of the levels he needed, as many as he needed. The second would contain boss rooms and boss fights, without having altered the number of maps. To tell the player when to switch .exe files, he would use an event saying "please exit and run the other one."

Better?