boss Bigoreous Xak II redmoon MSX

Nov 5, 2007 at 9:29 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Im having a problem with the first boss(I guess) in Xak II yea first boss and I cant beat him, pathetic.

First im LEVEL 32 with all the second SASs' and I enchanted my Falchion and chain mail. I have a large shield too. How the heck do I shoot magic from my sword?!! near the weapon and armour it says MG do I have to press a keyboard button so I can shoot?

Back to the boss, I tried to attack him from the back, sometimes I can get ONE hit but then he immediately attacks me and I die, I try to run away by jumping but he ALWAYS gets me. How am I supposed to beat him?? Its impossible, I've been trying 3 hours straight now.
What level should I be?

By the way in Xak art of visual stage SNES version, I attack the fire and water elements arms and they dont get any damage to them. Wtf? Im level 13.

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:34 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Hey purplefinch! It's been awhile. Hope things are going well and it's cool to see that you are going through the other Xak games now.

One thing about the Xak games is that they are quite challenging, but not impossible. Most of the time they require a bit of power-leveling which can at times be a bit tedious, but I consider this to be a fault of a lot of earlier rpgs especially with action-rpgs. Some of the earlier Ys games suffer from the exact same circumstance. It usually goes, when it doubt - Level Up! lol

As for Xak II, I believe you're level is perfectly fine, although it has been awhile. Mainly what you want to do here is to make sure to equip an item called the "Snake Ring" which is found in the adjacent cave (I believe it is the left-most of the two cave entrances from the forest that is beyond the skybridge) before entering the room. Doing this will prevent Bogoreous from casting a spell that steals a very large percentage of your life at the start of the battle before it even begins. If Latok has it equipped, he'll be able to start the battle at whatever amount of life you first entered the room at. Now for this fight you really do need to use the force shot, to do this you must first make sure your sword (whichever one you have currently equipped) is enchanted by taking it to the magic shop. Then I believe you can activate/deactivate your force shot projectile by opening by pressing PgUp (On/Off). Be careful as it does consume magical energy. You can recharge it at the town's church and later on your own once you acquire the magic cross item.

For Xak: The Art of Visual Stage for SNES, that elemental fight is quite the pain in the ass. To be perfectly honest with you, I'm not sure why they made that one so hard in the SNES version, but yeah I'm not sure there is an easier way around that one except for leveling higher. In Xak games as well as in Ys games and one of my favorite NES games, Crystalis, if you are not doing any sort of damage to an enemy it usually means you are not high enough level to make any kind of damage difference.

Hope this helps!

-SkyeWelse

Nov 7, 2007 at 12:52 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Hey, thanks. I got the force shot on and such but I still couldn't beat the boss so, I couldn't take it anymore and I used the cheat, max life lol. Hopefully I'll do better on the other bosses.

Nov 7, 2007 at 3:27 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
purplefinch said:
Hey, thanks. I got the force shot on and such but I still couldn't beat the boss so, I couldn't take it anymore and I used the cheat, max life lol. Hopefully I'll do better on the other bosses.
The more you dodge enemies or bosses the harder it will get later on because you didn't level up your character enough.