BMP/PBM Help

Aug 1, 2007 at 6:09 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
im trying to edit the pbm files so i can use the head of the guy with the :3 face, and the body of sue :p.

http://members.cox.net/amountaingoat/mychar.bmp

i read this forum and lots of pages on editing and ive gotten better at it but im having a problem i havent seen discussed.

when i load my pbms (really, my BMPs with (C)Pixel put at the end) they load up all corrupted. like the grid for the reference of the bitmap was offset (but theyre in the exact spots they should be i double checked). is there anyway to fix this?

Aug 1, 2007 at 12:04 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I dont recognise this problem in this context (it sounds like when the game is using the wrong sprite set for an NPC, but that can't be the case here). Screenshot please.

Aug 2, 2007 at 3:58 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
That is wierd.

Try recreating the pbm file, in case it is corrupted in some way. it probably isn't though; I took the file you uploaded above and it worked fine.

Hex the cave story exe as Xaser described in that other thread so you don't have to muck around with an hex editor in every image file you edit.

Aug 4, 2007 at 2:53 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
"Are we related?" "I used to know a woman named Jennifer..." "My Mom's name is Jennifer! ARE YOU MY DADDY?!" "Son!" "Daddy!" "Let's eat!" "Okay!"

Aug 8, 2007 at 7:55 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
*munch*munch*

the end

super happy mahin ending