.:Block Wars: Dude's Legacy:.
-A freeware game by yours truly-

diph.php
diph.php
diph.php

Youtube Video of an older demonstration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrmYxKUhxw4

IndieDB Description (For now):
The second war in the planet Blocktar has just begun, and yet, you're being accused of starting it! As one of the guardians in the Air Zone, you have been demoted to hero rank. As that may seem like nothing, the next situation becomes even worse when you have to clean up the whole mess yourself! The colorful blocks from "Wherever may be" have made another horrible appearance, shaking the color-limited Blocktar into extinction! Your mission is to find all of these pesky blocks and put an end to their trickery. However, the task won't be easy when all the wild life in the planet are going insane due to mass amounts of color! From the same guy who made a game that no one really knew or cared for, Block Wars, presents a much newer and exciting adventure awaiting to be unfolded- from insanely awesome trees to molten temples, you are able to experience it!

"..Being accused of starting another war isn't easy. You got all that humiliation going on, or maybe some rocks thrown at you. I'm going to prove that I didn't do such things, and hopefully they forgive me so I can have my damn guardian powers back! Whoever told them these lies will soon see themselves rolling on their grave! ...I mean it!"
-Dude Mcbriden​

A new age has begun. The age of the second war, that wages upon the battlefields of planet Blocktar. An evil has arisen, to bring forth another wave of colorful blocks to destroy the world, with their highly saturated colors. No one knows where this evil came from, or why it exists.. However, the accused protagonist has yet to find out. Step into the shoes of the "once was the guardian" of the Air Zone, Dude Mcbriden, into a perilous journey that no one would ever experience. With the usage of your trusty Uber Sword, hack and slash foes that stand in your way!

This is a freeware video game project I have been working on ever since I've retired from modding Cave Story. While modding was fun, things got stale and I would like to move on to making games with less restrictions and more possibilities, mostly without going through all the hassle hacking a game. Block Wars: Dude's Legacy was originally named "Block Wars: Dude's Adventure", but it sounded too corny and stupid. While the game itself is supposed to be epically ridiculous and "awesome", I would rather have a more welcoming and serious name for it, regardless.

Block Wars: Dude's Legacy is a sequel to the original Block Wars, a small game that I ended up finishing back in March. While that game was simple and kind of "out there", I thought that the characters and style were actually pretty fun to make, so why not make a sequel?

This game is something that I want to make. Something that I'm finally comfortable with and that I would stick to for a very long time. What I'm mostly doing with this game is merging all of my older ideas I have had for my previous failed games, even mods, and putting them all together with what I have now. Yes, even the Broxxus is in the game, but it's not as relevant to Cave Story at all. There will also be alot of familiar faces in the game, going along with quite a few cameos, showing the appreciation that I have with other folks and their own projects.

Is there a demo? Nope. Not for a while, actually. But there will be alpha tests that people can try out if they are willing to!
My game has been posted on ModDB/IndieDB as well, so most of the screenshots, videos, and upcoming news will be posted there. I haven't really updated it in quite some time, but don't worry, there will be updates very soon. So what are you waiting for? If you're curious, check out the link to the IndieDB page!!one!1

[Other Information]

I have also been aware that there has been some rumors that I have been working on these other games, such as this game called "Titanium", or "Block Wars 2". Block Wars 2 is obviously considered to be this game, but it's not a direct gameplay sequel with the same breakout style. Titanium was actually an old game that I was working on with a few of my friends many months ago. The game was supposed to be like an arcade spaceship shooter with three playable characters being me, and two friends of mine. One of them turned out to be a pedophile later on when he confessed to me by having sexual intercourse with a 12 year old girl, so I pretty much bailed the project. So yes, these games are actually real, but one of them never made it.

As for any rumors of me making another Cave Story mod, this isn't true. I'm done modding, forever. Maybe one day when Cave Editor or Sue's Workshop start to get extremely stable and has many varieties of options to choose from, I could screw around with them and probably make something out of it. However that day probably won't happen in a very long time.

Nov 5, 2010 at 4:49 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
What the fuck you drew all of that yourself?

Nov 5, 2010 at 7:02 PM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
WoodenRat said:
What the fuck you drew all of that yourself?

Yes, all sprites and artwork are drawn by me with a tablet.

Nov 5, 2010 at 7:05 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I laughed at the dragonball sound effects

anyway, the sketchy style is totally awesome, but what the hell is the attack? Like white line wall of doom or something?

Anyway, SPG rigged up some pretty sick music for your game to I guess :o

Nov 5, 2010 at 7:07 PM
Assistance
explosive said:
I laughed at the dragonball sound effects

anyway, the sketchy style is totally awesome, but what the hell is the attack? Like white line wall of doom or something?

Anyway, SPG rigged up some pretty sick music for your game to I guess :o

That is very old footage, the style of that certain gameplay no longer exists. I was using the default platforming engine for the player entity, however it was way too buggy so I'm making my own platforming engine. As for the sword "white wall" thing, that no longer exists as well. I'm still trying to figure out what the attacks should be.

Nov 5, 2010 at 7:38 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Seem like a pretty good storyline.
Can't wait *giddy with excitement*!

Nov 5, 2010 at 8:53 PM
Assistance
Thanks, but the game is far from complete, so you may have to be a little patient.

Nov 5, 2010 at 11:58 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Some amazing screens here. The artwork is just godly.

Nov 6, 2010 at 12:14 AM
Assistance
carrotlord said:
Some amazing screens here. The artwork is just godly.

Thank you very much. : >

Nov 6, 2010 at 11:14 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Looking nice as allways ralren, keep it up (:

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:23 PM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
well, that's really cool

i love the style

Nov 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM
Pirate Member
Also your name is Zarpo...wat

Nov 6, 2010 at 7:57 PM
Also I don't know about everyone here but I'm sure alpha testing would be sort of fun... I've always wanted that sort of opportunity and have always hated myself for turning down beta testing Dino Run

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:42 AM
Assistance
First post has been updated.

Nov 7, 2010 at 4:34 PM
the new screens on the deb page look pretty sweet

the concept art in particular seemed pretty awesome

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:56 PM
Pirate Member
I just hope you won't dump this project.

Nov 8, 2010 at 2:47 AM
Assistance
WoodenRat said:
I just hope you won't dump this project.

Don't worry, I have no intention to. This is a project that finally grasps the content I want for it. Back with my older projects I felt like I was restricted to one basic plot, going along with very relevant zones and characters. With this game, it completely destroys those restrictions.

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:02 PM
inactive user
ralren your art style is win

inb4 that's been made clear

Nov 13, 2010 at 9:50 AM
Pirate Member
the first link doesnt work