Feb 21, 2010 at 2:02 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
any progress?

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:04 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
UPDAT GET

So now there's about double what was in there before. There's twice the levels and some more interesting stuff in there. I don't really want to say, so you'll have to check it out if you want to see it.

MAYBE YOU'VE NOTICED SOME OF THE FAMILIAR LEVEL BACKGROUNDS

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:28 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Got the new version.
Why does it seem harder :rolleyes:
Nevermind, time to see some new stuff.

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:41 AM
Banned
carrotlord said:
Got the new version.
Why does it seem harder :rolleyes:
Nevermind, time to see some new stuff.

Well, I don't know what's up with you, but it's a hell of a lot easier for us now that the bugs and stuff are fixed.

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:56 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I normally abhor block games because there's always that one block in the middle of the field I can never manage to hit, but with the smaller field it's not such a big problem. I also got all excited when I recognized the music in lv3 was from that one Bomberman game I had on the N64. Just two things:

#1 I think in the first level of zone two it was, my ball did this thing where when it hit the paddle it didn't want to bounce off for a while and I had to like follow it as it moved back and forth until it decided to go back up. Intentional or not I wasn't sure, since I didn't have the issue on any other level.

#2 I finished the last level [10 I suppose] even though there were three blocks in the upper-right corner left.

Anyway my favorite part as I said at the beginning is I don't have to play tennis with a wall for half an hour to get the last brick. Difficulty seems quite fair to me, perhaps even a bit on the forgiving side.

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:33 AM
Banned
Noxid said:
I normally abhor block games because there's always that one block in the middle of the field I can never manage to hit, but with the smaller field it's not such a big problem. I also got all excited when I recognized the music in lv3 was from that one Bomberman game I had on the N64. Just two things:

Level one is from a Bomberman game, too. You see, we're really partial to Bomberman soundtracks. They're just really nice.

Noxid said:
#1 I think in the first level of zone two it was, my ball did this thing where when it hit the paddle it didn't want to bounce off for a while and I had to like follow it as it moved back and forth until it decided to go back up. Intentional or not I wasn't sure, since I didn't have the issue on any other level.

Yeah, I don't know why, but sometimes the ball decides to straighten its path out and go either directly horizontal or directly vertical. Sometimes it happens low and causes a mess, but not always. The nice part is that it fixes itself for no apparent reason.

Another problem that isn't really a problem is when it's moving vertically and hits right onto your paddle and stops. You have to wait a moment and if you move too far it slides right off and down into the bottom of the level, taking one of your lives. This, again, corrects itself.

The only thing that there seems to be little-to-no fix for is when you angle your ball just right and catch it in an infinite loop. This can usually be solved by moving your paddle and sacrificing your ball, but once in a blue moon, you'll get it caught in a loop above some red blocks (I've only seen this on level seven) and have it stuck up there forever, forcing you to restart the game.

Noxid said:
#2 I finished the last level [10 I suppose] even though there were three blocks in the upper-right corner left.

I forgot to test level 10 because I went and played Half-life instead. Oh well, I'll tell him.

Noxid said:
Anyway my favorite part as I said at the beginning is I don't have to play tennis with a wall for half an hour to get the last brick. Difficulty seems quite fair to me, perhaps even a bit on the forgiving side.

Usually the only trouble I have with trying to hit that one last block is in the first level with one of the red blocks on either corner, which is a good thing. The main problem with the difficulty is when the speed is boosted (really only a problem in stage nine) and the levels starting with a layer of blocks fairly low. Seeing as the launch is random, you have to already be moving to catch the ball. Luckily, you've broken the blocks if your ball bounced, so that's only a one-time deal.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game, Noxid, and I hope you enjoy the next demo when it gets released.

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:37 PM
woah, new demo, this is pretty sweet.
hyper mode is a tad overwhelming, and the slow down blocks can make stuff go really slowly, but other than that, its absolutely dandy. really fun to play, even though level nine is impossible.

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:47 PM
Banned
diph.php

Zone THREE.

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:05 PM
no linky?
sad

Mar 19, 2010 at 8:24 PM
Banned
GAME RELEASE GET

So yeah, we finished the game. Woo. Conveniently, we're releasing on the day I get ungrounded. The link is updated and the game is finished.

Most if not all of the bugs have been fixed since the last update over a month ago. I'm glad to say that you shouldn't really have to much trouble in that respect, however, if you do find one, please keep it to yourself. Ralren doesn't want any feedback about the bugs because he's completely sure he's done and is going to fight it to the ends of the Earth of you try and get him to fix it.

Artwork, game design, the workings of the game, and narration are Nate.
The assorted MIDIs are all taken from the various sections of VGMusic.
Sound effects belong to FUNimation Entertainment.
The voices of Dude and Giru are Nate.
The voice of Sargon is Nate as well as both Lace and I.

Mar 20, 2010 at 10:46 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Well that was fun. I've never actually seen anyone manage to emulate Pixel's art style so closely before.

Mar 20, 2010 at 8:27 PM
Banned
DoubleThink said:
Well that was fun. I've never actually seen anyone manage to emulate Pixel's art style so closely before.

I wasn't really aware that he was trying, but he's been playing little but Pixel's games and Half-life since they were new. It wouldn't surprise me if he's started drawing like that.