.AVI files in Cave Story

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Nadojin said:
But this leaves me wondering...is it actually possible?
Likely quite difficult (.avi is a general container format for any combination of video and audio codecs) and very much impractical given that it is a lossy format and as such makes little sense in a 2D pixel-based platformer. We might as well add jpeg support to Cave Story for all the sense that makes. Support for 320x240 animated gifs might make more sense as an animated format.

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Bombchu Link said:
my question is why you guys are using CE.
BL 0.2.5.1 is superior in almost every way.
I don't know about you, but every BL release past version 0.2.4.0 has some fatal flaw where it won't work for me. Besides that, it's mostly just a matter of preference of which interface you prefer. I love CE's interface much more than BL's, but BL is much more stable than the newest release of CE, so I just stuck with BL for some time. I actually just switched back to an older version of CE because it's less prone to destroy my game, and thus I'm probably going to use it over BL now.

Randolf said:
What's wrong in using CE? I use it myself and it works pretty stable and it's simply good. (in other words, I don't support Noxid)
I find CE superior, but unfortunately it'll probably never get another release. It was so close to achieving perfection in my eyes... darn.

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:15 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
at least there's a *chance* the bugs in BL will get fixed :L
99d is the last release of Cave Editor

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:39 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
how is the map editor better? I practically copied it
I understand the script editor because it has a few fancy features that I haven't gotten
Also, adding more people to this project would only make it more behind schedule at this point.