Asdf Story

May 31, 2013 at 12:32 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Now, I made a practice mod already (New Story), but now there's my first REAL mod. This is Asdf Story, named after my account name on many sites: asdf620. The story is (so far) that Kanpachi the fisher (YES, PIXEL NAMED HIM KANPACHI) saved you, so you get your gun and leave. You find a broken teleporter.
There are currently ZERO endings, but there is a fully planned storyline for 2 endings, but there may be a third for people with the Snake or something.

NEW UPDATE

BUGS :mad:
The missile launcher can have OVER 9000 ammo if you talk to the "Player" over and over
No lines change
Need to add teleport animation
Need to add "got item" song for most stuff
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDINGS!
Not enough enemies
You can kill the :chin: (gonna make him unreachable later)
Can reach Mimiga Village
Can leave Igor's House during the battle
The gun ideas show the words "Gun Ideas: Lasers" then nothing works

DOWNLOADS :D
Version 0.1: http://cavestorymods.weebly.com/asdf-story-v01.html
Version 0.15: http://cavestorymods.weebly.com/asdf-story-v015.html
Version 0.3: http://cavestorymods.weebly.com/asdf-story-v03.html
Version 0.325: http://cavestorymods.weebly.com/asdf-story-v0325.html
Version 0.4: http://cavestorymods.weebly.com/asdf-story-v04.html

GIVE MEH FEEDBAK

May 31, 2013 at 1:10 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
This was interesting. In a good way. I'm completly lost on the story (if there really is one), but gameplay wise this is rather nice. The area where you teleport around was cool, and I think making that a major game mechanic would make this mod really cool.

Theres a couple bugs you missed in your list.
- In the "Ikachan sky" area, the Ikachans only fly by once. You should probably fix that.
- In the grassy area, the slope at the begining has a few nicks in the sprites. I don't know if this is your fault, but I would fix that.

May 31, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Dear god the grammaru

That's...not a lot of context you're giving out for the story.

Also yeah the snake thing isn't really much of an incentive. It's basically a debug tool and a large chunk of users here know how to give themselves the snake anyway.

May 31, 2013 at 1:17 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Story: not much in the beginning
Teleporting: hmmm... that might work
WHATEVER TEH HECK I NAMED THE GRASSY PLACE: I dunno if that's my fault
Ikachan Sky: it's meant to be that way, but a loop would look nice, I guess

May 31, 2013 at 1:29 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I found a bug at the First Cave (can't remember if you named it anything different in the mod) the tiles you used to block off Mimiga Village are not solid, they are the tiles with the green dot in the middle which means they are foreground tiles and are used to hide secret passages, you will probably want to change that so people don't run off.

Anyway, it seems decent so far, I will wait to see a bit more before I give a full opinion on it but right now here are my thoughts.

What I Like
  • I like the simple premise (don't know if that will stay around through the mod) I usually prefer a simple story with good gameplay.
  • I also like the frequent scenery changes, they may be a bit too frequent for my taste but I like the variety, it keeps it interesting.
Improvements
  • I think the map design could be improved on a bit, they are currently very flat, I think more slopes, raised platforms, and multiple layers (height) would make them more interesting to move around in and as a result boost the combat and overall gameplay experience.
  • I also think, if there is going to be a more involved story, it should give you a bit more context at the start.

Anyway it seems pretty good so far, I'll be waiting for future updates, good luck.

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:46 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I've also noticed that the life capsul under the save room in some grassy place reappeares everytime you re-enter some grassy place making it possible to have 100+ (or even 1000+) hp if you are patient enough (which is similar to the missle launcher glitch).
Try using flags if you don't already know how to resolve these glitches.

It's a cool mod and I kinda like playing it. :D

EDIT: But it really is a very quick mod for being v0.55, and there isn't even any bosses yet.
Honestly, i don't even know how you could call this v0.5 or 0.55 becausse I was able to play through it within 5 minuts on my first try. :(

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:45 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Sorry about the version number. I let my sister decide what version number it would be...
BUT THERE IS A HUGE UPDATE COMING TODAY OR TOMORROW (V0.8) WITH LOTS OF IGOR AND TEH INVINCIBLE CHINFISH/EGGFISH!

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:45 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
So I got v0.5,
I was confused as shit why I am here, the events of the story, Why I have 10hp, How I got into the resivor, and why snake will be unobtainable after that version.

WHATEVER. IT'LL BE EXPLAINED WITH TIME...
right?
Please... don't die on me mod.

Jun 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM
thenachocheeser said:
Sorry about the version number. I let my sister decide what version number it would be...
BUT THERE IS A HUGE UPDATE COMING TODAY OR TOMORROW (V0.8) WITH LOTS OF IGOR AND TEH INVINCIBLE CHINFISH/EGGFISH!
Ah. I see. This demo I would consider v0.1 or v0.2 unless you want everyone to think your mod is very short.

v0.8 sounds interesting, though. I hope there won't be many glitches in your next part. :D

Jun 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
How did I corrupt it?
Need a day or two...

Jun 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
thenachocheeser said:
How did I corrupt it?
Need a day or two...
1. Deleting a heap of maps! (Or useful)
2. Deleting sprites from the resource folder!
3. An error locating a resource. (Sprites, script, etc.)
4. Trying to edit anything under write protected status. (Most likely images.)
5. Missing requirements.

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:23 PM
ChimeApple said:
1. Deleting a heap of maps! (Or useful)
2. Deleting sprites from the resource folder!
3. An error locating a resource. (Sprites, script, etc.)
4. Trying to edit anything under write protected status. (Most likely images.)
5. Missing requirements.
Or trying SW when your mod has custom music. But I don't think anyone is dumb enough to do that nowadays, unless a modder never visited the forums, which is highly unlikely.

Jun 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Nah. I only know Cave Editor. It was none of the things anyone suggested. I don't know what.

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:46 AM
thenachocheeser said:
Nah. I only know Cave Editor. It was none of the things anyone suggested. I don't know what.
Did you see a notepad labled error in the same folder as the demo? If yes, It should tell you what/where the problem is. I think I noticed that an error notepad that came with your download. You should check it everytime your mod is corrupted so you can figure out which directory is holding the reason to your corrupted mod. Or, if you just decide to give up, just download your mod from this thread. I hope you can figure out the problem. :o

Jun 2, 2013 at 4:02 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I just got a copy from the forum and restarted.

Jun 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM
thenachocheeser said:
I just got a copy from the forum and restarted.
Ah. I figured.

Jun 16, 2013 at 3:16 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
UPDATED

Jun 16, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Because context and information is overrated

Jul 3, 2013 at 4:54 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Fine. Added buildings to Aboveground Town. Changed what the bookcase in the Prefab Building (now Empty House) says. Fixed a bug. END

Just added Curly's House, Jack's office, Launch Mech, Balrog (aka The Toaster), Hermit (well, not really a hermit) Gunsmith, and misc other stuff.

test post