Argh! I can't figure out how to edit Quote's sprites!

Oct 14, 2008 at 8:12 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Okay, so I have both Cave Editor and Sue's Workshop. I can't figure out how to edit sprites at all in SW, but in Cave Editor, I can find every sprite EXCEPT Quote's! :p Help!

Oct 14, 2008 at 9:21 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Oct 15, 2008 at 1:59 AM
I can has squidburger?
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
P.S.
CaveEditor is not the only way to edit sprite files. If you go into the Data folder and force-open any of the .pbm files in Paint, you will find a fully editable image.

Once you edit it, it won't work, but there's a way to fix that. To find out how, search the forum for '(C)Pixel'- I haven't got the time to write out an explanation and it's already been posted probably 15 times.

Oct 24, 2008 at 7:26 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
innocent.bystander said:
P.S.
CaveEditor is not the only way to edit sprite files. If you go into the Data folder and force-open any of the .pbm files in Paint, you will find a fully editable image.

Once you edit it, it won't work, but there's a way to fix that. To find out how, search the forum for '(C)Pixel'- I haven't got the time to write out an explanation and it's already been posted probably 15 times.

yea i just use MSpaint to edit the sprites (when saving just change the extension to .pbm by adding it on, it will save it as a .pbm) really easy,

and with caveeditor you can actually remove the (C)Pixel requirement that bugs most ppl up (you can get to it by clicking Game Settings in CaveEditor)
so yea, that should work

one thing, once you edit the game with caveeditor, Sue's workshop wont be able to open it (dont try to open it with SW at all if you edited it with CaveEditor, you'll corrupt the .exe and have to get a new one)

so i recommend you choose an editor and stick with it, personally i prefer CaveEditor because it has wayyy more features.