Are there any official plush dolls of the CS characters?

Mar 31, 2022 at 2:34 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've seen tons of fan-made plushes for sale, and I always miss them before they get sold out. I was wondering if NICALIS had made any official plush dolls because I reaaaaallly want one.

Mar 31, 2022 at 2:47 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm not aware of any Cave Story plushies that have been mass-produced. The main Cave Story-related apparel that I remember coming around was the limited-edition USB drives that were modeled after guns from the game.

There is this person who made a plushie of a critter and of Balrog, but it seems like more of a tutorial, not something that you can order from the craftsman.

Mar 31, 2022 at 4:59 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Mar 31, 2022 at 6:39 AM
"Huzzah!"
yeah, there's never been any official plushies produced - official merch is surprisingly limited, with just a few trinkets on nicalis' official store and shirts that were sold once at a con or something
figurines have been teased before, but nothing ever came out of it

Mar 31, 2022 at 9:48 PM
"Huzzah!"
There will most certainly never be official Cave Story plushies. Even fan made plushies are few and far between. Not even bootleggers have made Cave Story merch.
The reason Cave Story has such a small amount of merchandise made of it is because it's extremely niche.
Other indie games like Undertale have plushies and other merchandise because they've become mainstream. I'm not saying that because I hate Undertale. I actually love Undertale
Cave Story may be regarded as the god father of indie games by some people, but unless you spend a lot of time in the Cave Story fandom, you won't hear many people acknowledging it's existence.
It's a shame, but at least we have a fandom making content. Oh wait, most Cave Story fan projects end up getting abandoned/cancelled. FUCK.

Apr 5, 2022 at 4:39 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Considering half of Nicalis's business model is milking cave story a million times, I'm surprised they never made plushes, even limited quantities would be appreciated.

Apr 6, 2022 at 10:06 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Considering half of Nicalis's business model is milking cave story a million times, I'm surprised they never made plushes, even limited quantities would be appreciated.
They also never made those figures that Eli mentioned :/ tis a shame