Any save files for a mac user?

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi everybody. I Just recently started playing cave story on my mac. Unfortunatly i decided to install lion and soon after a while I had to downgrade sigh* I didn't think about saving my save file before doing so and now I can only find save files for pc (?)

Any1 have a savefile to share or know a place I might find one? My last save was before the twin dragon bossfight!

help would be much appreciated :muscledoc:

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey, why not. I want to get better at the game, and I can't find any mac save files on the internet. Get back to you soon. You mean your save was the very last save before Two Sisters?

Edit: Oh, and I assume you weren't going for Sacred Grounds yet, being a new player, right? Did you get the Machine Gun from Curly? Did you get the Bubbler?

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sweet :muscledoc: Yeah, In the house before entering the egg corridor two beat the two dragons. I took the machine gun from curly and I had the bubbler. I'll be anxiously awaiting!

And there should really be some saves for mac up on the tribute site !

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Noxid

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:16 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
No, I don't own or condone macs.

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:37 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
If you guys need more help, there is a python Windows <-> Mac save converter, written by Celtic minstrel. (see the 7th box on the link provided). This will let you turn any PC saves into Mac saves.

This shouldn't be that hard to run because Macs have Python pre-installed.

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:53 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh cool! I'll use that next time I forget to save my Doukutsu file on Mac.

Here's the save file anyway, so you don't have to track one down, IDS. Sorry it took so long, I was planning on just playing through right then but stuff happened. http://www.mediafire.com/?v2um52bw9wwd50z

Unzip, put it in [name]\Library\Preferences, enjoy. Might be a few small differences from your file, I never used the life pot and picked up all the health capsules so if you missed one you'll have more health now.

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This is awesome! Thank you so much man :pignon2:

Time to enjoy myself again!

Oct 25, 2011 at 4:42 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Great, thanks for sharing.

I don't have too much knowledge on the workings of save files on the mac version, but I know besides the .exe and some file types it is identical to the PC version.