AGTP+ modpack for CaveStory+ & classic CaveStory (v1.02) [2022/07/24]

Dec 14, 2023 at 12:34 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Pronouns: she/her
when I copy and paste the line in the command prompt it just says c:\devkitPro\mys2\usr\bin\find.exe

I think that's the issue. Your devkitpro install is overriding default windows command prompt behaviour.

You can either fix it by changing your environment variables (PATH) so you don't override default commands or you can try to go here and download the win_path_override zip and see if that installs fine (just replace the batch script with this one). I replaced the find command with explicit pathing so if that's the only problem it should work, but I can't guarantee other commands aren't similarly being replaced/causing unexpected behaviour.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 1:24 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think that's the issue. Your devkitpro install is overriding default windows command prompt behaviour.

You can either fix it by changing your environment variables (PATH) so you don't override default commands or you can try to go here and download the win_path_override zip and see if that installs fine (just replace the batch script with this one). I replaced the find command with explicit pathing so if that's the only problem it should work, but I can't guarantee other commands aren't similarly being replaced/causing unexpected behaviour.
The win_path_override file seems to have fixed the issue! Thank you for your help!

Dec 14, 2023 at 1:54 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
May 30, 2024 at 8:28 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have a request, could you look at adding compatibility for Doukutsu version with the Switch version data files? I'd really appreciate it, and would be happy to test and give you any files needed.

May 31, 2024 at 5:24 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have a request, could you look at adding compatibility for Doukutsu version with the Switch version data files? I'd really appreciate it, and would be happy to test and give you any files needed.

Are you talking about running the game via doukutsu-rs?

I've never tried it myself, so I'm not sure how involved trying to add support would be. Do the classic/CS+ versions work as-is with doukutsu-rs?

Jun 1, 2024 at 8:41 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Are you talking about running the game via doukutsu-rs?

I've never tried it myself, so I'm not sure how involved trying to add support would be. Do the classic/CS+ versions work as-is with doukutsu-rs?
Yep, the Classic version and CS+ version work perfectly with your mod. Doukutsu-rs allows you to use files from the switch version as well, so you can get things like the extra challenge level and animated portraits. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be compatible with your mod.

Jun 2, 2024 at 2:22 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yep, the Classic version and CS+ version work perfectly with your mod. Doukutsu-rs allows you to use files from the switch version as well, so you can get things like the extra challenge level and animated portraits. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be compatible with your mod.

I've had a cursory look and it seems relatively straightforward.

I don't know how much value there is in doing it as I think the updated graphics are worse than the original. I'll have a look at what the Switch effects (water, lighting, animated portraits) would look like with classic+ graphics and see if it's worth the effort to implement full support.

Oct 12, 2024 at 4:59 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Pronouns: he/him
I've played through your mod and I quite enjoyed it. I've noticed, however, that with your mod installed the very end of the credits sequence seems to be delayed by several seconds. Usually right when "Cave Story ~ The End" is about to stop scrolling a number of characters appear to join Quote on screen before showing the end card. In this case that sequence doesn't start until few seconds have passed after "Cave Story ~ The End" has already stopped.
(footage recorded is of Doukutsu-rs but the same behaviour is present in regular freeware.)

Back