Adding a new tileset

May 6, 2008 at 8:16 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Well the game doesn't crash, nor does Sue's but Sue's refuses to allow me to place tiles normally which leads me to believe that I've done something wrong with my tileset. If I did the map with another tileset and switched to my new one, it works, but obvoiusly that's very inconvenient...

Basically I made a new tileset, it's the same size as the Hell tileset in fact, except it has a new name that's not one of the original tileset names. I copied over a .pxa file for it and renamed it to match, and did what I needed to do in the tileset editor.

Doesn't work. The .pxa seems fine, because what's solid should be solid and whatnot, but I can't use the tileset normally. Sue's workship just doesn't place the tiles where I click.

While we're at it, how do you change boss HP and weapon damage/range/EXP required?

May 7, 2008 at 8:39 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Your tileset problem is strange indeed. I don't have that problem when I use my custom tileset.

Weapon hacking is in the weapon hacking/editing FAQ.

Boss HP? Its basically the HP of the entity itself.

May 7, 2008 at 9:09 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Well, I don't understand hex too well, but I'll try :p

Anyway I put up a short vid of what's happening... Youtube messed up the aspect ratio and hypercam didn't record the mouse but you can still tell what's going on. I select a tile and place it and it doesn't do anything. The 0 tile works, but none of the other ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK-3RvePYWA

May 8, 2008 at 2:14 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Something pretty similar happend to me the other day. I wish i could tell you what exactaly i did to fix it, but honestly i don't really remember... All i recall doing was restarting sue's and making sure my tileset wasn't bigger then it should be, honestly i don't even remember if it was or not.

Bout editing boss hp tho, what sprite number are bosses? I've thought boss hp is something not covered in NPC editing.txt. Also you can't change the damage of outerwall sand crocs bite with that info either.

May 8, 2008 at 2:22 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
... not too LARGE, ahah, right. I thought max size was 256x256... ^^;; since in Windows Explorer the thumbnails LOOKED the same proportions... well, reorganized a bit, down to 256x240 again. Should work now (especially since I got another, much smaller tileset to work perfectly)

May 11, 2008 at 3:01 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
SeriousFace said:
Bout editing boss hp tho, what sprite number are bosses?

NPC number please :(

They haven't got a number, since major bosses are stored in the exe, seperate from the normal NPC's it seems.