About Sue and also King's Eyes

Oct 26, 2005 at 9:36 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Now, what is up with King's red eyes... did he come in contact with the flowers like, a little teeny bit? Or what... And why did the Doctor seek out Sue specifically? Now, I haven't played through the whole game yet, as I got to a spot where I didn't like the outcome, so I'm kinda starting over again, but is the Doctor Kazuma and Sue's father, and why did he make Misery turn her into a mimiga? Were they going to test the flowers on her, because she was easy prey, but got away with Kazuma, or something? Please PM me, cause I don't want to ruin anything for someone, but I'd really like to know, if someone has answers. :p

Oct 30, 2005 at 2:56 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hey man, it says that you can't answer Private Messages, so I'll post it here.

*SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS*
King is never explained at all. However, I'm going to infer a few things about his past:
1. There is a scar on his face. It looks like just one of those 'tough-guy' anime scars, but there could be background to it. I suspect that he also fought against the Doctor alongside Arthur.
2. There are red flowers in the basement of Arthur's house. I believe Arthur consumed some red flowers in a last-ditch attempt to fight off the doctor, and was defeated and killed. If King fought against the Doctor as well, then there is a chance that he could have also taken a small amount of red flower (maybe Arthur stopped him from eating a whole flower?).

As far as Sue is concerned, I don't think the Doctor is her father. You meet a character later in the game named Momorin Sakamoto - she is Sue's mother, but says nothing of Sue's father.
Basically what happened was, the Doctor, Prof. Booster, and the three members of the Sakamoto family came to the island to do research. When the Doctor realised the type of power he could wield with the Demon Crown, he ditched the rest of the group. With the Demon Crown he was able to control Misery and Balrog, and used Misery to turn Sue into a Mimiga. I think your guess is correct: he wanted to test the red flowers on Sue but she got away.

Now, since the Doctor's past is not fully explained there's a definite possibility that he could be Sue's father. But I'm not too sure about that.

Nov 1, 2005 at 8:50 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Actually, the Doctor (as explained in game) already knew about the Demon Crown, and weaseled his way into the group so he could get at it. Yes, he was trying to test the flowers on the group, but only Sue and Itoh got hit by Misery. They all escaped, save Momorin who was helping the Doctor while she tried to find a way to stop him.

As for Arthur and King, Arthur fought the Red Demon, and possibly even Hanaan. I don't remember hearing anything about him fighting the Doctor though. King was probably involved in one of these fights, hence the scar. But you might be right about the red eyes... *recalls Toroko's eyes after eating the flowers*

Nov 1, 2005 at 6:05 PM
King's eyes are definitely orange, not red. Open data/Face.pbm in Paint to compare him with Toroko and Igor; their eyes are different colors.

Also, I believe it's Jack who says that Arthur was killed by the Doctor. This is really early in the game, I think right after Toroko is taken, if you talk to him in the room with the fireplace in Mimiga Village.

"As for Arthur and King, Arthur fought the Red Demon, and possibly even Hanaan."

Who's Hanaan?

Nov 3, 2005 at 6:20 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hanaan (may have gotten the name wrong) was the third possessor of the Demon Crown. In the statue room, the 4 statues show Halda, Annachponae, Hanaan and the Doctor. While it's not said anywhere in game, I'm pretty sure Arthur was the one who defeated him. Why else would he be hailed as a hero?

Nov 3, 2005 at 6:45 PM
I always thought Arthur had helped protect the village from the robot invasion of 10 years prior.

Nov 25, 2005 at 10:45 AM
i thought he was a hero because he drove off the red demon and tried to take on the doctor

Nov 26, 2005 at 4:47 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
If you talk to Jack in the Assembly Hall after Grasstown but before the Sand Zone, he gives a bit of Arthur's history, a rather lengthy speech about how he was a true hero.

"Toroko's brother Arthur fought against a horrific red monster...
The terrible demon of this island that feasts on Mimigas.
It's not the doctor, it's...something else. That demon has lived on this island for ages.
It came here to the village, but Arthur single-handedly drove it back.
His gallant figure alone shielding our village from harm...
I'll never forget it as long as I live.
He may have been finally killed by the Doctor, but he was a true hero."

Then, in the credits, the Red Demon is described with the words "Only true heroes meet..."

Speaking of Jack... is it just me or did he totally disappear once out of the Waterway? I haven't seen him in the Village, or at the Plantation (though that could just be the fault of my observancy or lack thereof). Nobody talks about him, either...

Nov 26, 2005 at 10:46 PM
could-be spolier

the red demon is in the final cave(hard)

Nov 27, 2005 at 3:25 AM
If you check out the prison in the Plantation before you're captured, you can see Sue, Jack, and the fat Mimiga all in there. I'd guess he ends up either as one of the rabid Mimigas that you fight on the Balcony or escapes along with Santa and Chaco, depending on just how depressing you want the story to be...

Nov 27, 2005 at 4:26 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ahhh. I only went in to that prison once before capture on my first ever playthrough. My memory ain't too hot, but at least that settles it (pity, I can't go check now because despite being in the Plantation ATM in my current playthrough, I'd already gotten captured). But yeah, that does leave some up to imagination and...yes... it depends on how morbid ye feel like being when you question that. How fun~.

Dec 3, 2005 at 9:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I don't feel like being morbid, but he was taken from the prison before the others and alot of time passed before the battle with the doc. Im sure he's one of the evil mimigas.

Apr 16, 2010 at 2:39 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Re: About Sue and King *Spoilers, kinda*

Diraru said:
I don't feel like being morbid, but he was taken from the prison before the others and alot of time passed before the battle with the doc. Im sure he's one of the evil mimigas.

They aren't "Evil" They're irrational and unable to reason with things...

So they just try to smash everything like they're scared animals.

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:21 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT?
Really?

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:23 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

Some people just dont know, others forget completely...

Apr 17, 2010 at 3:08 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator

I don't even care anymore

Apr 17, 2010 at 6:13 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Bumping a five year old thread without adding anything significant to the original topic is taboo on this forum. In fact, even if you do have something good to say, you will probably still be shunned a little. Only special people can get away with it.

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:40 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"

This thread is so old that it's not even bad to bump it anymore. It's just hilarious.

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:00 PM
Been here way too long...

The hilarious part is the six (make that seven) people who posted after Toroko.

Apr 19, 2010 at 7:55 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"

Daimera said:
"Toroko's brother Arthur fought against a horrific red monster..."

In that case, the Doctor did indeed kill Arthur. This is why I love the forums: I don't have to go through hell to find out interesting tidbits!