A web-comic I made/ am making

Jan 9, 2015 at 6:12 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I made a web-comic! It's even funny occasionally!
I'm not just trying to shamelessly advertise though. I actually want feedback.
I started not too long ago and have been trying to make it better over time, since I'm new to this.
I've been posting to different forums about it to see what a wide range of people have to say.
Anyway, enough dallying, here's the website: http://www.thecompletetrainwreck.com/

I also have a tumblr, stumbleupon, twitter, and a facebook page for it. They're all practically the same, it's just what social platform you use.
I'll link them here, however I always update to my site first and other social media platforms a day late.
New comics every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Inventedbymothers?ref=br_tf
Tumblr:
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thecompletetrainwreck
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/CompTrainwreck

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:11 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
why did you put all the URLs in spoilers
instead of making them links

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:19 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Hm. Well, I am clearly an imbecile, let me quickly fix that.

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:36 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Your comic reminds me of Cowbirds in Love. Which a good thing. These two made me laugh:

Non-sequiturs and anti-jokes are funny. It's hard to keep them hot n fresh enough to have a good one on every page, though. Your other types of jokes weren't as funny, but you've spent all your "wow this is pretty random" humour for a while. "Be funnier" is terrible advice, but I don't know what else to tell you. Try something more thought-provoking, or something way stupider, and see how it fits you.

Also keep working on cleaning up your lineart. The messy lines are obviously your style, but if they detract from visual comprehension (i.e. "what am I even looking at"), it needs to be dialed back.

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:53 PM
Understood, and thank you much. Part of humor is just writing enough to get good at it, and part of it is an understanding of how it works, both of which I'm working on. Same with drawing. I figure it's going to take some time and development as well as advice (from people like you) to get good. Anyway, thank you again!

Jan 9, 2015 at 11:44 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Copy Cat! I was going to make one... Unless I inspired you, I request an apology.

Jan 9, 2015 at 11:55 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Okay, sorry...

Jan 10, 2015 at 1:18 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
These are pretty cool. I like the latest one, the one about snake.

Jan 10, 2015 at 8:07 AM
New one up! It's... well... kinda funny. It was more fun drawing for it, since I forced myself to finally do an actual full background.
Oh, also Bionicobot, even though I've never met you and had no idea you ever existed, the moment I saw your reply I knew. Clearly all humor I've ever written was inspired by you. Thank you for your grand and mighty inspiration sir or madame or robot (I'm not quite sure how to classify robots, since there can be masculine *and* feminine *and* androgynous robots).

Jan 10, 2015 at 1:03 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
A few of your comics made me giggle! ^.^

I'd recommend, as Fab said, experimenting with your humor a bit and seeing what works. I think the one that struck me as oddest is the joke about Snake. Pointing out that it's a game about eating until you die is an amusing observation, but the subtext (Mike needed to take a chill pill) doesn't really add anything to the joke and actually kind of detracts from the feeling. Of course, you can't just have a panel of that observation because then it feels unfinished, so other ways to introduce that and maybe build off it might be a good thing to think about. It seems that you already have a general idea of how you want to go about getting better, though, which is a pleasure to see.

I'm going to be adding this to my little list of webcomics that I check, because I'd like to see where it goes. :)

Jan 10, 2015 at 6:07 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Post these on ifunny. Lots of web comics have become pretty popular recently thanks to it.

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:12 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
funwillfunwill said:
Post these on ifunny. Lots of web comics have become pretty popular recently thanks to it.
Adding on to this, I recommend getting a bit better at your webcomicing before posting it on ifunny. I have no clue how funny any of the comics are on there but it'd be a good thing to improve before becoming popufur.

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:30 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Paths said:
Adding on to this, I recommend getting a bit better at your webcomicing before posting it on ifunny. I have no clue how funny any of the comics are on there but it'd be a good thing to improve before becoming popufur.
Agreed its better to start off somewhere with your improved version of your art rather than just jumping aboard right away with eh art.

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:38 AM
Thanks all for suggestions! I'll definitely post some on ifunny once I get a bit more experience at it. Though I want to point out that I'm not just looking for views, I actually really want to improve my writing and drawing as well, even if nobody viewed them, I'd probably still be making web-comics. On the subject of the "snake" comic, Polaris, I totally understand your point of view on it. I think with that comic, the humor is very mellow, situational if you will. The kind of thing you would see on Game Grumps (if anyone watches them). Point being, some people will like that kind of humor, some wont. As seen earlier in this thread, someone else pointed out how they liked that comic. I'll try to veer away from that kind of humor, since it seems to get very different reactions from different people (I even showed different comics to close friends and saw how amazingly different their reactions were). However I'm still experimenting, though it's difficult because my mind seems to lean strongly towards non-sequiters.