A Sweet Plot

Mar 17, 2007 at 4:31 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So yeah, I was posting on ShInInG PhAnToM's ideas for Cave Story sequels, and to be funny, I was making up a whole plot. THEN! SUDDENYL! I realized I might be ONTO SOMETHING! Too bad I can't do crap with Sue's Workshop. If someone wants to screw with my ideas, or for some strange reason use them as they are ;) , I don't really mind, and I would love to be credited, lol.

Warning, this whole story is kind of a Spoiler, but I still recommend reading it.

Prehi Story
First, you have like the Prehi Story, and it's like Prehistoric times, and suddenly there are, like, people form in the future appearing, and they plant some strange RED flowers, and then you play as a member of a race of strange creatures (Duh, Mimigas) and all the sudden everyones eating these flowers and start turning monsterous, and the flowers are ruining the planet, so its falling apart, and tons of crazed Mimigas are everywhere, and lesser and lesser Normal Mimigas are alive. So the whole game is you (a Mimiga) escaping and traveling trying to find the last of the Mimigas... if there are any. You finally find a HUGE mountain the extends way into the sky, where the last of the Mimigas are wating... probably just to die. Then, from the Red Flower's corruption to the planet's Core, the planet explodes, which propels the giant mountain you are on into space, and you and your rock full of people are the sole survivors... and some red flowers... It propels the rock to a strange new planet where it lands.

Cave Story RPG? (Mabye use an RPG making program? W00t!):
So now through history Mimigas have spread into the world, although it is still slightly primative. Mimigas hate humans, and vice versa. The humans have mostly finished off the Mimigas, but the Mimigas had, while being attacked, been digging underground tunnels over significantly populated areas, and loaded them with homeade explosives. The explosives go of a little soon, leaving more people since the Mimigas were loosing fast, and it kills most everyone dear to you, with you barely surviving. You are determined to strike back no matter the cost. So you travel out, and find some weird rock with a Red Garden growing on it. And then a Mimiga comes. You duke it out in the garden, and he gets wounded, and then starts to win, but he gets shoved into a thick patch of red flowers, and passes out, appearing dead. You decide to gather them and connect them onto the tips of arrows with a bow and arrow you have. As you leave, a fade out or something shows the Mimiga's eyes open glowing red. You use your weapon and start heading through Mimaga villages, including peaceful ones, and shooting people with arrows. After a few villages and camps, you stop for a rest. During the night, Mimigas attack you, and there are tons and tons. You are trapped in a corner when suddenly, a human like creature pops out of the woods (it's a robot), and starts taking them out, eventually finishing them off. He asks you where he is, you explain your on a mission to fight the Mimigas, and suddenly he says "Oh, well I guess this isn't right, got to go!" and disapears in a quick swirling vortex. (Oh yeah, I'm going somewhere good with that :D ) So you realize that the red flowers are not killing them, only mutating them. Suddenly, a bunch more Mimigas pop out of the woods, you think they are crazed and they almost finish you off, when suddenly, an elder-type-person comes out and tells them to stop. They knock you out, and next-thing-you-know, you are in some hut, tied down. The elder and some Mimigas come in, and you struggle a bit, but with no result. They keep you tied and chained up a bit so you can't get away, then they take you down, over, and into a giant crater with many Mimiga graves inside it, and then to a temple carved out of a gigantic rock. Then they explain their history through carvings in the temple:
The Mimigas used to live on another planet, and eventually escaped from the planet by chance. When they were in space, one of their children unknowingly ate one of the flowers he had found. The Mimigas, with no other choice, had to kill the mutated child and bury him. They eventually determined they had to rid of the Red flowers because they realized the flowers had come a long, so they dug and dug until the chunk of land with the red flowers came of. Right after finishing and watching the chunk of land with the red flowers float away, they realized they were approaching a planet. They were almost starved and their meteor was running out of air, so they braced for impact as the rock plunged onto the planet's surface. (The other rock also went there too.) The humans were happy, although some groups of people bickered, no major wars occured. The Mimigas landed, and the humans wondered what what had happened. The Mimigas, delerious from hunger and previous lack of air, attacked a human child unknowingly, and the humans considered them a curse from the sky, and began trying to fight them. The Mimigas were forced to also become violent to protect themselves, and for the next hundred years, Mimigas and humans both populated the planet, and warred with eachother.
You start having second thoughts, and realize you have to help the Mimigas. Just then, a warrior comes running and says "Crazed Mimigas are attacking the City!" Before anything happens, Mimigas are already climing over the edge of the crater.

Crap I'm stuck! I know I want him to help them now, but should they trust him all the sudden? Should he just get out on his own and say I'll help! Does he knock them unconcious and say "It's for your own good"?

Mar 17, 2007 at 4:46 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sounds interesting so far... it'll require a lot of work if you want this done, though.

Mar 17, 2007 at 5:22 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
yeah if you come up with more it will be great ;)
try to learn how to do SW or get help on it
as for me i dont know SW at all...lawl

Mar 17, 2007 at 10:51 AM
Hoxtilicious
xristosx said:
yeah if you come up with more it will be great ;)
try to learn how to do SW or get help on it
as for me i dont know SW at all...lawl

Well, I could teach you, just contact me ;P
With PM or Email or so...
Anyhow ICQ or AIM would be better instant messager it's easier to teach :p

But I don't have time today and also not next week until friday...
Read this: http://www.cavestory.org/forums/

Mar 19, 2007 at 12:18 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just a warning, this is kinda serious... kinda just dumb/humorus.

As for help with Sue's Workshop, I would be glad to get some help from any messenger when your not busy!

Mar 19, 2007 at 12:51 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
FOR ARCHIVAL REASONS, I AM POSTINF THE PREVIOUS EDITION OF THE STORY BEFORE I ADD.

So yeah, I was posting on ShInInG PhAnToM's ideas for Cave Story sequels, and to be funny, I was making up a whole plot. THEN! SUDDENYL! I realized I might be ONTO SOMETHING! Too bad I can't do crap with Sue's Workshop. If someone wants to screw with my ideas, or for some strange reason use them as they are , I don't really mind, and I would love to be credited, lol.

Prehi Story
First, you have like the Prehi Story, and its like Prehistoric times, and suddenly theres like people form in the future appearing, and they plant some strange RED flowers, and then you play as a member of a race of strange creatures (Duh, Mimigas) and all the sudden everyones eating these flowers and start turning monsterous, and the flowers are ruining the planet, so its falling apart, and tons of crazed Mimigas are everywhere, and lesser and lesser Normal Mimigas are alive. So the whole game is you escaping and traveling trying to find the last of the Mimigas... if there are any. You finally find a HUGE mountain the extends way into the sky, where the last of the Mimigas are wating... probably just to die. Then, from the Red Flowers, corruption to the planet's Core causes it to explode, and you and your rock full of people are the sole survivors... and some red flowers... it propels to a strange new planet where it lands.

NAME HERE:
So now through history Mimigas have spread into the world, although it is still slightly primative, and Mimigas hate humans, and vice versa. The humans have mostly finished off the Mimigas, but in a strong counter blow of some kind, the human race was heavily weakened. You are a human sent to finish off the last of the Mimigas, with not much to go on. All your friends and relatives were killed in the last strike, and you are determined to stop them. So you travel out, and find some weird giant Meteor with a Red Garden growing on it. And then a Mimiga comes. You duke it out in the garden, and he gets wounded, and then starts to win, but he gets shoved into a thick patch of red flowers, and passes out, appearing dead. You decide to gather them and use them in a slingshot type weapon (mabye a bow and arrow with the red flowers on the tips) .

TO BE CONTINUED! Don't panic!

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:53 AM
Hoxtilicious
jacfalcon said:
As for help with Sue's Workshop, I would be glad to get some help from any messenger when your not busy!

Don't know your messenger ;)
Just contact me if you want :D

Mar 29, 2007 at 1:52 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I just added most of my messengers to my profile, so contact me any of those ways. TYVM!

Apr 2, 2007 at 12:57 AM
taifunbrowser
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Well, the best thing that strikes me about this plot is that before everyone goes to the mountain at the beginning, there should be a map with hordes of the mimiga- monsters that you have to fight off... like, 30 of them in a pretty small map. People like mindless slaughter, but you could make it pretty hard if you have the right balance of health on them O.o

Apr 2, 2007 at 6:43 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
It seems like you've tried to make the backstory as complicated as possible. Not to mention there are a lot of holes in the story. Simpler explanations can make sense and chain together to make a decent story.

Why do red flowers make Mimigas crazy? Red flowers come from Ballos' grave. Why does Ballos have a grave? Jenka and Misery made it in honor of the old, non-crazy Ballos. How did this poison the flowers? They had his blood in them and he could exercise a small amount of corruption (Strong enough to craze Mimigas) through that while being sealed. Why was his blood in them? All they had to bury was his left eye (Hence it being red and re-grown). Why was his left eye cut out? A hero cut it out while Ballos was going crazy. Who was this hero? A person who would eventually become the Mimiga named Arthur. Why did this human become a Mimiga? Jenka transformed the surviving humans from the kingdom into Mimigas to hide them from Ballos. Why wouldn't Arthur remember all this? The transformation process had a side effect of amnesia.

Just one simple, non-complex answer after another and you've got a setup for an entire prequel to Cave Story. It's got some holes itself, is hardly an amazing example, but the foundation is much more solid than your story, which has some potential but was developed badly.

Apr 2, 2007 at 4:26 PM
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Osmose said:
setup for an entire prequel to Cave Story

my setup is a bit more complicated than yours, but it still works ;-;

Apr 2, 2007 at 9:06 PM
"Huzzah!"
Osmose said:
It seems like you've tried to make the backstory as complicated as possible. Not to mention there are a lot of holes in the story. Simpler explanations can make sense and chain together to make a decent story.

Why do red flowers make Mimigas crazy? Red flowers come from Ballos' grave. Why does Ballos have a grave? Jenka and Misery made it in honor of the old, non-crazy Ballos. How did this poison the flowers? They had his blood in them and he could exercise a small amount of corruption (Strong enough to craze Mimigas) through that while being sealed. Why was his blood in them? All they had to bury was his left eye (Hence it being red and re-grown). Why was his left eye cut out? A hero cut it out while Ballos was going crazy. Who was this hero? A person who would eventually become the Mimiga named Arthur. Why did this human become a Mimiga? Jenka transformed the surviving humans from the kingdom into Mimigas to hide them from Ballos. Why wouldn't Arthur remember all this? The transformation process had a side effect of amnesia.

Just one simple, non-complex answer after another and you've got a setup for an entire prequel to Cave Story. It's got some holes itself, is hardly an amazing example, but the foundation is much more solid than your story, which has some potential but was developed badly.

Ballos went crazy long before arthur was even born

Apr 2, 2007 at 10:54 PM
taifunbrowser
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Honestly, I think it should be more like: Let's make some really intense boss battles / cave mazes and fit the plot to them afterward

Fact being that I have yet to see a truly complete full length cave story mod

Apr 2, 2007 at 11:19 PM
"..."
taifunbrowser said:
Honestly, I think it should be more like: Let's make some really intense boss battles / cave mazes and fit the plot to them afterward

Fact being that I have yet to see a truly complete full length cave story mod

Then you're not making "A Sweet Plot", you're making scenes of the game and linking them together with whatever works. And in that case, you'd be better off just learning how to use Sue's instead of telling us this because everyone who can/wants to make a mod is using their own story.

PS:

caveoholic! said:
Ballos went crazy long before arthur was even born

Osmose said:
It's got some holes itself,

Also, who says how long Mimigas live? Or how old Arthur was? It wasn't in the game.

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:54 AM
Hoxtilicious
Osmose said:
Then you're not making "A Sweet Plot", you're making scenes of the game and linking them together with whatever works. And in that case, you'd be better off just learning how to use Sue's instead of telling us this because everyone who can/wants to make a mod is using their own story...

Well, story is a part of it :(
Without story there will be no mod lol
So... I'm already teached jacfalcon some things. He's doing well.

Apr 3, 2007 at 3:07 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
all mods dont need storys!!!

bosh rush :( :(

Apr 3, 2007 at 10:54 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
*Spoilers*

Well, long ago, there was a great kingdom. A wonderful magician named Ballos performed all kinds of good deeds and acts of kindness. The people loved him so much, that they liked him more than their own king. The king became jelous. So jelous that he captured the good magician and tourtoured him. But Ballos did not lose hope. He defied the king and tried to resist his torture. The king wanted so much to break Ballos' sipirts that he gather every alchemist and magician from the kingdom and had them work on a madning project...a red poison. They poured the liquid into his eye, and it turned red. Then the good magician had finally gone mad. His rage gave him terible strength and he destroyed everyting he once cared about, but the only thing he could do was laugh.... His sister, Jenka, who had been away at the time could not bear to kill her own brother, even after what he had become,and sealed him on a floating island. There she would gaurd him, so that his madness would never be able to reach the surface again. When she created the floating sland, Jenka had accidentally dropped some of the red poison, and it seeped into the ground where it was eventually absorbed by a white flower...

Or at least that's what I think. Please the me if I missed anything...I kinda forgot what the demon crown did...

Apr 11, 2007 at 6:16 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I like your story. ;)

Apr 14, 2007 at 7:00 PM
Hoxtilicious
xristosx said:
all mods dont need storys!!!

bosh rush :p :p

Well,Boss Rush seems to be a addon or something for me... :D

Apr 15, 2007 at 12:49 PM
Starbound sucked sadly