A Moonsong Arrangement

Sep 26, 2021 at 10:57 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
A few days ago I made a Moonsong arrangement, don't really know where to put it and thought you all here might be interested in it

And also a DL if you're also interested in that
Google Drive

Sep 27, 2021 at 2:24 AM
"Huzzah!"
this is pretty, i like the piano-y parts!

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:55 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Sounds like a pretty note-for-note transcription, so I guess most of the artistic flare is the instrument choice. While I liked the sound of it, the overall tone didn't seem to capture the soft, serene nature of the original Moonsong and the tone that the outer wall sets in Cave Story. I still enjoyed listening to it though, it just seems like it conveyed a different feeling than Moonsong.

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:27 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sounds like a pretty note-for-note transcription, so I guess most of the artistic flare is the instrument choice. While I liked the sound of it, the overall tone didn't seem to capture the soft, serene nature of the original Moonsong and the tone that the outer wall sets in Cave Story. I still enjoyed listening to it though, it just seems like it conveyed a different feeling than Moonsong.
it is, it's directly ripped from the game's .org file into a midi with orgmaker2. so it's not really a remix and more so an arrangement. i wanted to see what i could do with it to represent what i saw moonsong as. the general idea is that it's a clam song for the outer wall, but I see it as a much more like "no, i can go further" song. i typically find most cave story songs feel really off when they're turned into midis, even with a lot of tweaking "like turning them an octave up because the midi makes them an octave too low from what i can tell"

I was actually working on geothermal and oppression, and then my computer died so i gotta wait for that to get fixed before i can continue working on those so I might try something like balcony next to get a more calm song made, since I do like balcony a lot