a fun mod i made... SetFree

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Went with the 22 HP profile because dying on spike-boosting sections irks me. The difficulty's a bit up and down so far, and there a couple of mildly glitchy bits (I suspect due to use of <WAI), but the enemy placement is very good. Not much else to comment on yet.

Apr 13, 2011 at 1:49 PM
"Huzzah!"
DoubleThink said:
Went with the 22 HP profile because dying on spike-boosting sections irks me. The difficulty's a bit up and down so far, and there a couple of mildly glitchy bits (I suspect due to use of <WAI), but the enemy placement is very good. Not much else to comment on yet.

what are they? i know of one bug that is casued by a H/V trigger that i cant get rid of. its only graphic tho...

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:57 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
In the bit after the spike-boosting section where there's an explosion, a critter became frozen in mid-jump and couldn't attack or be hit (unless that was intentional), and then in what's normally the Hermit Gunsmith room the game locked out my down button input (i.e. couldn't look behind me) for some reason. There was also one bit where I avoided taking damage because a script was running at the moment I was hit during one of the earlier explosions.

Apr 13, 2011 at 4:28 PM
"Huzzah!"
DoubleThink said:
In the bit after the spike-boosting section where there's an explosion, a critter became frozen in mid-jump and couldn't attack or be hit (unless that was intentional), and then in what's normally the Hermit Gunsmith room the game locked out my down button input (i.e. couldn't look behind me) for some reason. There was also one bit where I avoided taking damage because a script was running at the moment I was hit during one of the earlier explosions.

the critter thing is what i was talking about. the hermit got locked because there was no available entity to press on. im gonna fix that, it actually happens two times in my mod. and how did you do the third one?

EDIT : all are fixed for 1.07.

Apr 13, 2011 at 4:32 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
No, the hermit room was locked because if you're in an event (like during <WAI) then you can't interact with anything.

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Found an spelling error.
The Turbocharge says increases the rate of 'Machine Gun,' not 'Rapid-fire Watch.'
Not a big deal, just thought I'd let you know, though.

Apr 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM
"Huzzah!"
Tpcool said:
Found an spelling error.
The Turbocharge says increases the rate of 'Machine Gun,' not 'Rapid-fire Watch.'
Not a big deal, just thought I'd let you know, though.

yes, today i noticed it. i changed it but i dont feel like re-uploading for these minor things.

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:43 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
A fun little demo. A couple small criticisms:

When you get the Booster, you did an <EQ+ to activate it, but the flag that tells whether or not it's equipped is unset, so when you go into your inventory and select the booster, it asks you if you want to equip it, even though it's already equipped. What I would do is remove the part of the ArmsItem script that asks if you want to equip/remove the booster. Alternatively, you could remove either the <EQ+ or the <IT+ when you first get the booster, or you could set whatever flag is responsible for checking if it's equipped (idk what flag it is; you'd have to look at the booster's armsitem script).

I would reduce the lengths of the <WAIs in the Hermit's house; it feels like you're waiting too long. Also, you might consider putting something that makes it more obvious you're in a cutscene (i.e. an <FMU or a <KEY).

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:28 AM
"Huzzah!"
Wedge of Cheese said:
A fun little demo. A couple small criticisms:

When you get the Booster, you did an <EQ+ to activate it, but the flag that tells whether or not it's equipped is unset, so when you go into your inventory and select the booster, it asks you if you want to equip it, even though it's already equipped. What I would do is remove the part of the ArmsItem script that asks if you want to equip/remove the booster. Alternatively, you could remove either the <EQ+ or the <IT+ when you first get the booster, or you could set whatever flag is responsible for checking if it's equipped (idk what flag it is; you'd have to look at the booster's armsitem script).

I would reduce the lengths of the <WAIs in the Hermit's house; it feels like you're waiting too long. Also, you might consider putting something that makes it more obvious you're in a cutscene (i.e. an <FMU or a <KEY).

i wanted to make you able to move in the cutscene, to create a little confusion... for 300 ticks, you can move around but do nothing. since theres a skipflag there its ok... in my opinion.
ill check out what you said about <FMU and about the booster :awesomeface:
its already fixed.