Aug 31, 2011 at 3:16 PM
LSD
"..."

Hey, It's Pigaro again bringing you another mod idea from the back of his mind.
My mod is going to most likely going to be called '56'
It's based off of the Doctor Who Episode, '42,' and the horror game, '7 Days a Skeptic.' I chose to name it '56' because I liked the idea of it being a number as the title.
It will take place in the far future on an unnamed Space Ship heading toward the sun at a high speed. The Protagonist will obviously have 56 minutes to stop it.
For copyright purposes, I will have to change the storyline a bit, so it's not copying '42' or '7 Days a Skeptic.'
The reason I decided to base this off of the two is because in both, the Antagonist is attepmting to kill all of the people on board for an unknown reason after being infected with something, causing them to go insane.
The Antagonist will say something every-so-often. (i.e. '42' - "Burn with me," '7 Days a Skeptic' - "it hurts") I won't use those, but it'll be close to that.
Well, that's all for now.
Comments and input would be appreciated.

Aug 31, 2011 at 4:19 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I really loved 5 Days a Stranger, as well as 7 days a skeptic. Good luck man.

Aug 31, 2011 at 4:21 PM
LSD
"..."
WoodenRat said:
I really loved 5 Days a Stranger, as well as 7 days a skeptic. Good luck man.

I thought all of them together had one of the best storylines of any game series. Thanks.

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:51 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Loved Yatzee's old adventure games.
Good luck.

Aug 31, 2011 at 8:59 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Well let's hope you get THIS mod into action!

Sep 2, 2011 at 1:26 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Not quite concerning the mod itself, but for the thread title, you probably should have been a bit more specific (even "56 (mod idea)" would be better). 56 doesn't really say anything.
I think this is a good idea, but you shouldn't just try to avoid copyright. No one likes to play something unoriginal.
Anyway, good idea. Are you going to pass the time limit with the movement of the plot? (ie. after a cutscene a certain amount of time passes by; it's hard to explain, but it usually makes the story epic), or by an in-game counter that is hacked?
Also, I have an idea for a different direction. What about a space ship with a crew and captain, but instead of being steered into the sun, the captain is killing the crew one by one?
The cool thing is that you could make no one (target audience) suspect it is the captain. He could be sneaking around and killing everyone as time goes by. I don't know how you would implement the 56 minutes though. Maybe you could do a Devil Survivor kind of thing where the player knows when he (or she) is going to be killed, and the player has to prevent it by finding the culprit and taking him (or her) down.
That's just my idea though. Either direction might work.

Sep 5, 2011 at 7:27 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
LunarSoul said:
Also, I have an idea for a different direction. What about a space ship with a crew and captain, but instead of being steered into the sun, the captain is killing the crew one by one?
The cool thing is that you could make no one (target audience) suspect it is the captain. He could be sneaking around and killing everyone as time goes by. I don't know how you would implement the 56 minutes though. Maybe you could do a Devil Survivor kind of thing where the player knows when he (or she) is going to be killed, and the player has to prevent it by finding the culprit and taking him (or her) down.
I like that. you might make it 56 people, rather than 56 minutes, and every certain amount of time it has a cutscene showing the newest victim. One by one killings generally build the suspense better and would cause it to be more terrifying than knowing you'll die an hour into the future.

I think it might be better if you knew it was the cap though, because that presents a situation of 'screwed either way' -- you kill him and the ship crashes, you don't and he kills everyone. Then the game would be figure out how to land the ship safely while working around a psychopathic mass-murderer.

Edit: Speaking of games with numbers in the title, have you ever played 7 minutes by virtaanen? You should. ALSO 56 is sort of a week number as far as numbers-as-titles go. Smaller ones work better (generally).

Sep 13, 2011 at 11:36 PM
LSD
"..."
LunarSoul said:
Not quite concerning the mod itself, but for the thread title, you probably should have been a bit more specific (even "56 (mod idea)" would be better). 56 doesn't really say anything.
I think this is a good idea, but you shouldn't just try to avoid copyright. No one likes to play something unoriginal.
Anyway, good idea. Are you going to pass the time limit with the movement of the plot? (ie. after a cutscene a certain amount of time passes by; it's hard to explain, but it usually makes the story epic), or by an in-game counter that is hacked?
That's just my idea though. Either direction might work.

Lace said:
I like that. you might make it 56 people, rather than 56 minutes, and every certain amount of time it has a cutscene showing the newest victim. One by one killings generally build the suspense better and would cause it to be more terrifying than knowing you'll die an hour into the future.

I think it might be better if you knew it was the cap though, because that presents a situation of 'screwed either way' -- you kill him and the ship crashes, you don't and he kills everyone. Then the game would be figure out how to land the ship safely while working around a psychopathic mass-murderer.

Edit: Speaking of games with numbers in the title, have you ever played 7 minutes by virtaanen? You should. ALSO 56 is sort of a week number as far as numbers-as-titles go. Smaller ones work better (generally).

Sorry I haven't updated this yet.
I agree LS, a better title will be found, and this will be changed. I love those ideas.
Hmm. Interesting. I may decide to put it in. (Probably will)
I've heard of it, but no, I've never played it. Is it a horror game? I hate those.
Fun fact- I've never once played any game in the Chzo Mythos series. I actually watched the walkthrough of the entire series you youtube :x I'm not a horror (anything) kind of guy, I'm an action/suspense kind of guy. This info may be useful one day.