2 questions: <QUA usage & change door target

Apr 9, 2007 at 12:08 AM
taifunbrowser
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
k, having lots of fun modding, very addicting hobby.

So far my problems:

<QUA makes a funky sound and then does what <FAO does.

My usage:
<QUA0500<END

More details: I have a patch of grass very conspicuously located, whereupon interacting with it the screen shakes and the door behind you now points to a different room.

I can't seem to get either of those parts right :heh:

Hope my questions where... distinct enough? *brb walking dog*

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:40 PM
taifunbrowser
wow. after like a night of frustration I fixed it because my events were out of order <_< XD

k, problem solved.

Oh, another thing I found, flag induced invisibility and visibility dont apply until you revisit the map, so you cant have stuff dynamically disappear in a map with flags... use <DNC

Apr 9, 2007 at 3:19 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
taifunbrowser said:
wow. after like a night of frustration I fixed it because my events were out of order <_< XD

k, problem solved.

Oh, another thing I found, flag induced invisibility and visibility dont apply until you revisit the map, so you cant have stuff dynamically disappear in a map with flags... use <DNC

There is no DNC command... Use <DNP

Apr 9, 2007 at 3:53 PM
taifunbrowser

New problem: I made a new map, called it "fissure", set teh tileset to "cave", made a map, set the start point, made a door leading to the map, now when you enter the door, the <MNA command works fine, (displays fissure) but then the game crashes. (nothing of the map is shown)

its weird O.o

and all my events are in order, so thats not the problem.

Apr 9, 2007 at 4:22 PM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
pixel has figured out that you're making a mod, hacked your computer, and made sure cave story will never work again!
D:

Apr 9, 2007 at 4:26 PM
taifunbrowser

mind having a look?

edit: Btw, if you people help me get past this point you will be rewarded with a map full of mimiga bosses to slaughter :eek:

Apr 9, 2007 at 7:18 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I looked at it and I got it to work. I think the problem might have been the fact that no boss had been selected. After picking No Special Boss it worked.

Try doing that.

Apr 9, 2007 at 7:34 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
I looked at it and I got it to work. I think the problem might have been the fact that no boss had been selected. After picking No Special Boss it worked.

Try doing that.

Well I contacted him with ICQ, I already said that to him because that's what I noticed too. You're right. :eek:

Apr 9, 2007 at 8:41 PM
taifunbrowser

Also, there is only 1 "start point" in the game. I thought you had to set this for each level, and that explained why I was starting in weird places. (Just set the "entering point" by the getting there code on the <TRA.