Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

AlmaHexie
AlmaHexie
Seems neat, I'm not a big fan of the genre of Isekais but it can be neat sometimes.
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
This is great that you're supporting an indie developer who didn't get a ton of attention.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
@Mister.Hex - A generic start, hit by a car, summoned to another world; but an interesting take. When she sleeps in one world, she wakes up in the other. Is it just a dream?
@HaydenStudios - I do try! Maybe too little, too late though. Releasing something and having no reactions for years... Bound to hurt.
It is pretty wild btw. So many games go under the radar, released every day, in Steam alone. I've been *trying* to browse them daily, wishlist or even buy some of the interesting ones. Though it's a battle against time and half my library is yet to be played.

It *is* rewarding when you find good ones however. They may not have all the features of the bigger titles; but many times I've seen creative decisions that are refreshing/unique. Keeps the love for games going all these years. Reminds me of when I first played Cave Story, I thought the Mimiga/Balrog/Misery designs were unexpectedly memorable when first falling into the village. And I had initially avoided playing Cave Story for not meeting some arbitrary level of graphic design based on some screenshots. A grave mistake!
Mint
Mint
Sometimes it's hard to enjoy more under the radar (and occasionally niche) stuff and have friends around that are interested in it.
Like for example not the smallest name out there but love-de-lic's (now called onion games) moon is a very beloved game to me since I played it but I don't actually see anybody that even knows about it which makes it hard to actually share that experience!