Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

X-Calibar
X-Calibar
Hello Zierin, I have to ask, how DID you find that link? That link should only exist in the "Plus Porter" thread, and required the Plus Porter program by HaydenStudios, plus a copy of Cave Story+ for PC. Though, haven't tested it since the version back then. If you are trying to play the original version, here you go: https://host-a.net/f/85967-csnewgameplusv01zip
That link was on the old Cloud Story wordpress site. Don't expect too much! New content ended after Arthur's House.
Usagi-no-Mekiki
Usagi-no-Mekiki
Thanks for clearing that up, Cal. I was losing my marbles trying to install it onto the freeware version.
As for how I found it, I just clicked on your username on Host-A and did some searching. Since the CS+ version was newer, I assumed it was an update.
Speaking of updates, do you have any plans to turn it into a full mod, or have you given up on it?
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
Haha impressive that you found it at all! Sorry about the stress, probably should have put a readme embedded into the zip file if not in the archive itself. As for an update... It HAS been over 10 years since its release. So... the chances are slim. A normal person would move on, but, hey, you never know. You poked the sleeping bear, so maybe the bear does something. And maybe there's something that could be done in an immediate timeframe... Such as, documenting the mod in a descriptive format? Writing about it is not the same as playing it. But... If you are still interested, maybe I can at least give you that.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
Or, just a wild guess, since you mention Booster's Lab in the previous profile comment:
If you are asking about the mod because you wanted to do something with the mod; that would be fine as well. That was the original reason I stopped actually. Someone wanted to continue it, and I was all too happy to let it go. (Sadly, nothing came of it, as far as I know...)