Tpcool
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• Oh hey man, how are you doing?
    Tpcool
    Tpcool
    Oh, hello. I'm doing pretty well. How about you? I'm not sure I know much about you, but you and Kim know each other pretty well, I take it?
    King (2.0)
    King (2.0)
    Kim and I were both members of Shane's forums. And we've met on Discord already.
    me: finally have a bunch of free time to clear up month-long obligations, i should start on those as soon as possible. also me: or i could just spend all day in orgmaker.
    Tpcool
    Tpcool
    @ColdCallerLoopy Of course! Thank you for helping me keep focus on what's important in life ;)

@Random-storykeeper You know what, I guess I technically am? Even though most of the music isn't going to be custom made, I made two orgs for that sole purpose, hah...
    2DBro
    2DBro
    make a mod about orgmaker
    SeasonsOfDestiny
    SeasonsOfDestiny
    me: oh boy, summer break means i can work on modding as much as i want! also me: but youtube and vidya, though...
    The Family Guy Cave Story mod made by me, @CookedChef, @2DBro, and @Safusaka for Modfest VII was a SUCCESS. Thanks to each one of you for putting so much effort into such a dumb and awful concept <3 It was a lot of fun. Download is below for anyone interested.
    just bought a month of chegg study and not gonna lie i feel pretty dirty
    Random-storykeeper
    Random-storykeeper
    Why would you feel dirty for getting help? :(
    Tpcool
    Tpcool
    Well, the reason the majority of people use it (including myself) is for homework answers. I found myself in the middle of another classic Tommy homework all-nighter because I was procrastinating and busy with work from other classes the past few days, and I wasn't ready for the mental stress and physical toll I would have to endure with getting no sleep, so I caved in and bought it so I could just have the answers. I feel bad about it because it was for a class I actually want to do well in using my own ability, and because I'm effectively paying to cheat. It feels morally wrong for me to do something like that in a class that I feel is important, but it was either that or my grade, and I'm not going to feel so guilty that I ignore the latter.
    Random-storykeeper
    Random-storykeeper
    Classic all-nighters, huh...I definitely know of those. I don't think I could live with myself if I purchased answers and would just fail the course aka breakdown...probably not my best decision in retrospect. I guess as long as you're going to learn in the process rather than being completely dependent on the answers, and that this is just a temporary delay, then it would be helpful...easier said than done, though.

I hope you'll be able to sleep well now that you have the answers, though. At least I hope you'll be able to focus more on that aspect. Don't underestimate its necessity (this coming from someone who always does :p).
    WOW what a fantastic birthday. It was great hanging out with my close ones, and the number of birthday wishes I got was spectacular. Seriously, the amount of love from my forum family alone was crazy. Thank you all so very much for that <3 Perhaps the greatest gift of all came from @Random-storykeeper. Like, I seriously can't do it any justice by describing it. Huge props to the penguin girl.
    Hey mate, happy birthday! Hope you enjoy your cake, and I recently played Megaman X Cave story a few days ago; I remember playing it back in 2015 and having lots of trouble but coming back to it, I ended up loving the level design. It has the right amount of challenge and still some rewarding things to keep the player going which is nifty. I am curious though, did you lower the gravity of the spark ball weapon, because I'm pretty sure it's a Fireball which is cool. And is the arrow barrage The Machine Gun on steroids?
    Tpcool
    Tpcool
    Thank you very much, Cold!! I'm glad you decided to go back and play that mod. That makes me happy. I really put as much work into the level design as I could given what I had to work with, so thank you for being able to appreciate it. The weapons are a bit odd... the spark ball weapon was pretty much just me modifying a bunch of numbers in the Fireball's code, thanks to Carrotlord's ASM guide and the simple Fireball example he made. The Arrow Barrage was something that Hina made for me, I believe? But yeah, it's basically like the Machine Gun on steroids, if the steroids also inhibited the range of the bullets :(

But yeah, thanks again man!
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    Ahh, that's interesting; I've been working on a Fireball variant and I've been trying to make it slower, and I find it funny the way you basically just messed around with some numbers; and I too used carrotlord's asm guide, it leads right to the speed which is also great. And did you also design the bosses AI too? The Igor fight had got me when I first got to his battle, his speed caught me off guard, the Balrog one was easier but tricky when he became jumping erratically. And I noticed the megaman character sprite was taken from this mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2paoglFJTRw
    An interesting tidbit but a fun mod nonetheless.
    Tpcool
    Tpcool
    Both bosses were graciously coded by @BLink! I was really excited that he took the time out to make both of those bosses for me, because I think it tied the whole experience together.

Indeed, I did use that Mega Man sprite for my mod. metalsonic71's original thread (https://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/what-if-we-can-make-a-mega-man-mod-for-cave-story.4967/) kickstarted my whole idea in the first place (you'll notice I even made the org that plays in his concept video). So I guess we have that man to thank for the existence of CSxMM :)
    happy birth time my dude
    Tpcool
    Tpcool
    Thanks Sora, that is very nice of you! I will always appreciate my favourite meme artist (don't tell 2DBoy I said that).
    Hey I just looked at the calendar this morning and realized it's your birthday again. Happy birthday, Tpcool!
    Serri
    Serri
    Happy day!
    Tpcool
    Tpcool
    Thanks, both of you! It's very thoughtful that you have my birthday on your calendar Hayden. I hope ya continue to stick around!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…