Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

q3hardcore
q3hardcore
We have a lot of people with over-inflated egos. That's no substitute for talent.
Serri
Serri
I'd say for you to show those "people with over inflated egos" what modding is supposed to be in your own eyes, but yours doesn't look any different enough to actually do the thing you seem to give a damn so much about. I'm done trying to help you, good luck with whatever you do.
q3hardcore
q3hardcore
GIRakaCHEEZER's WTF Story? I would think eclipses the work of all of the modders you listed. Now, is GIR still actively modding? No. What modding is supposed to be in my eyes... well I like people who actually consider language. Because Cave Story wasn't originally in English, it was Japanese. So if someone actually takes the time to make a mod in multiple languages, or a mod that doesn't even have text, or even just a mod that isn't so utterly overtly western... I appreciate it. And to also make changes to the underlying code... that really takes skill.

Now to just download the pre-patched English translation, grab some public ASM edits, throw together a few maps and call it a mod... that doesn't take much skill or time, yet you would have us think otherwise.
q3hardcore
q3hardcore
And you can hardly tell me anyone here actively modding is genuinely skilled at ASM when I have seen far more complex edits by people in much smaller communities than the Cave Story modding scene.
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
So basically mods like Jenka's Nightmare, Ethology, Rave Story, Carnage Clash, Schism; apparently those aren't passionate mods to you?
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
Sorry bub but we're not like those other communites, sorry we ruined it for you. I'd suggest then you gtfo.
q3hardcore
q3hardcore
Why do I feel like I'm twice your age?
FortniteLover2
FortniteLover2
I don't know if I have a high enough IQ to participate in this conversation
q3hardcore
q3hardcore
I was just joking in the start and if I was more serious about modding, I would put something decent out. But for now I'm just watching and waiting, and I want to defend my viewpoint if people aren't being objective in their statements on existing mods.
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
"Discord is a joke." -q3hardcore 2018 , +50 EGO, -50 MOTIVATION, utterly blind,

80% of the activity of the forums essentially moved to 2 discord groups, one of them pretty much being 50% ASM discussion that has your function list pinned at the very top of a dedicated resources channel, no fucking wonder nothing is happening from your POV.

Put that ego down and get with the times, or have the time of your life being in a more fufilling hacking community. I reccomend you take one of those, it will feel better than sulking.
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
(Also WTF story was a awkward western-heavy fangame. It's great because it's long and ambitious, not the content itself.)
q3hardcore
q3hardcore
It literally had Tetris in it; not a Japanese game, but a game that was popular in Japan and gained significant recognition due to a Japanese company (Nintendo).
q3hardcore
q3hardcore
I used to be in all the Cave Story Discords to my knowledge, and honestly I saw more drama and people just brainstorming than actual work. Now some may draw inspiration from that, but not me.
q3hardcore
q3hardcore
Someone called "EnlightenedOne" telling me I'm egotistical? Nice joke. Have fun running an innocent scene into the ground. I won't shed a tear.
FortniteLover2
FortniteLover2
The Cave Story Modding Community Discord is the exact opposite of the one you described (CSTSFDG if I'm not mistaken). You can find an invite in BLink's signature and some other places. It's pretty welcoming, and has gotten a lot better in recent times.
FortniteLover2
FortniteLover2
Also no need to glorify WTF Story so much. It's a great mod, yeah, but there are/will be (if none of the current ones fit your standards) better mods, due to advances in ASM and the community as a whole.
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
Q3 has been in the discord, but he left.

(I will not make any further posts beyond this.)
duncathan
duncathan
VB, kindly do not DARE suggest that my discord server is the way he described. You are banned because you created that environment. Shut the fuck up.

I'm not gonna address anything else q3 is talking about, but the Discord servers are both quite productive.
FortniteLover2
FortniteLover2
whoopsies
q3hardcore
q3hardcore
One person cannot be held accountable for the 'creation' of a poor environment; the blame should be distributed evenly among all members of the party. Banning someone in that situation demonstrates extreme mismanagement.