Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
Noxid isn't the only guy on this forum. Honestly just make a profile feed and a bunch of us will see it and respond.

Both translations have their quirks and benefits: Nicalis is more accurate and litteral while the fan translation has character and personality.
Serri
Serri
Doctor Dumb can go screw himself!
Tpcool
Tpcool
I'm curious what Noxid's opinion on the matter is :^)
Noxid
Noxid
cave story has only ever been translated once so I'm not sure what you are referring to
q3hardcore
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
i dont know how to make a profile feed also i thought there was one translation where grasstown is called bushlands

one of them is by aeon genesis maybe?
Serri
Serri
Grasstown is the town that's in a grassy area.
Bushlands is the place where the 43rd President lives at.
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
i but i thought i heard somewhere it said bushlands

also i saw a ballos speedrun and the end he says some different wording
so thats why i thought it was different
YoshiPilot
YoshiPilot
Is noxid ignoring the nicalis translation on purpose? Does he hate it that much?
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
Kiddos it was a joke. Refer to my earlier message: Nicalis' translation is more accurate and literal while the Aeon Genesis fan translation has character and personality, and is better, and Nicalis' translation doesn't exist in the eyes of Noxid.
YoshiPilot
YoshiPilot
Oh, ok. Nicalis should've taken more notes from the AGTP translation. Japanese, especially is text form, is very devoid of emotion.
YoshiPilot
YoshiPilot
Also I think @Walrus_Guy is confused.

Explanation: In 2005 Aeon genesis translated the game. This one has more personality, but takes some liberties and has some mistakes in it. This is the "Grasstown" translation and used in all free versions of the game. (Original, PSP, NXengine)

In 2010, NICALiS, who currently owns the rights to Cave Story, made their own translation, as they did not have the rights to the AGTP translation. This one is more literal and bland, but has little to no mistakes. This is the "Bushlands" translation and used in all commercial releases of the game. (WiiWare, Steam, 3DS, Nintendo Switch)
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
i like grasstown better but i may just be used to that
both are neat i dont speak japanese though

also im learning spanish but im not that good at it
sorry if i didnt get the joke by the way

also im making a game and in my game i forgot the egg corridor at the beginning i always do do you think i should add that? not the same egg corridor but the same theme? or just a different theme but still at the beginning and you travel through it again at the end

i like the egg corridor