Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
Btw, I tried a large variety of audio players and editors, I even tried removing the wave header from the file and loading the data as a raw file, however that only left me with extremely corrupted audio which faintly resembled the original sample. I redownloaded and opened org maker multiple times to make sure they were being played correctly.

I got absolutely no clue why some samples work and some data, despite all of them seemingly having the same header data.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
upload the samples?
Anyway if you just need to import it into another program, why not just record the audio from a new org that just has what you need, then create new samples from it?
OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
Because that would cause a loss of quality, which is undesired.
The samples can be extracted directly from Org Maker 1.3.4 by opening the .exe with 7-zip, and then extracting the "WAVE" folder from the ".rsrc" folder. Then you can add the .wav extension to the filename and you are good to go. Or atleast that would be the case, if the wave files would actually load correctly. As I started earlier, the important ones, aka the ones actually used in CS, don't for some reason, the rest loads fine.

So first we have to find out why they don't work. Then fix that, and then we can use them (Needless to say.)

Note: WAVE100 is different from all the other samples, and thus can be ignored as it's not relevant to this issue.
Noxid
Noxid
wait, 7-zip can do that???
OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
Yes. Infact it can open a lot of executables, surprisingly enough. Not all, but many.