Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

DualHack
DualHack
Why. Why would you cheat like that. It's so cruel to yourself and the 3 semifinal bosses.
Polaris
Polaris
Because there comes a point where it would be a greater cruelty to bang my head against this wall for the next half year. I want to move on with my life.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
It wouldn't be such a pain if there were more save points. I never got past Monster X myself, and gave up. Couldn't stand the slow walk back to Monster X every time I tripped up and let a single projectile hit me :[
I wonder how bad those last three bosses are... I imagine Undead Core is the real pain. I want to try...

But...7 MONTHS! That was a determined streak D:
The funny thing about doing the low hp/min weapons save, instead of it being tougher in Jenka's Nightmare it makes it easier, I believe... Seems like if you punish yourself for a challenge, it should make it harder in JN rather than easier... from a gameplay point of view. Like tougher enemies or something.

Anyway just treat yourself to Jenka's Nightmare, and forget the details :]
Polaris
Polaris
More save points would be nice...actually, I don't know why I didn't just add more. It would still be awful cheating, but it wouldn't be as blatant as 180 damage Blade throwing. Even something as simple as putting the save point right outside of Misery's room might have helped me forward...maybe I won't be moving on to JN after all.

I did get past Monster X and Core after a billion tries, it would be a shame to give up at the very end. And it's not like I'm going to be touching Sacred Grounds at 3HP...so yeah, while a break is still in order, I'll probably get back to trying soon, once I recreate the conditions and add in that save point.

That aside, it's honestly Frenzied Sue and Misery that are the greater troubles. Sue absolutely refuses to stop hounding you, often approaches from diagonals and kills in one hit. A more skilled player than I might still have trouble doing damage to the Undead Core with Sue razzing one's stache. Misery needs to be defeated first, despite providing hearts and experience, because if Sue falls she'll constantly throw homing fish missiles at you (AKA Monster X's worst attack). The Undead Core is pretty tame in comparison, since its attacks are fairly easy to dodge if you memorize when they occur.

The way that JN's New Game + system works <em class='bbc'>is</em> sort of strange, but I guess he wanted you to work for the chance at 100% completion. I'll treat myself to Jenka's Nightmare - soon! - but I'd like to give earning my right to it one last try.