Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

X-Calibar
X-Calibar
I ended up loading up Iji and saw what you were talking about on Windows 7. It used to run purrrfectly on my old XP, but now, for example, when I die... extremely slow death.
So, I spent a few hours trying things, and looking up possible solutions.... Eventually I was victorious ;D But, I didn't test it on Windows 8... Hopefully it will work for you too.

<a href='http://www.mediafire.com/download/wloe1fjsbboojko/WineD3D+1.5.22.7z' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.mediafire...neD3D 1.5.22.7z</a>
Also, hopefully that 7zip format won't be a problem... Inside that zip, copy over ddraw.dll, wined3d.dll, and libwine.dll into your Iji folder. Then just run the game in fullscreen and hopefully most of the issues will be solved with all effects on.
Bugs I noticed with my brief testing:
VERY SLOW New game black border effect. But, once you get passed that you should be fine.
It might crash on you on certain dialog scenes, if you press escape the first time. Like after you skip to the first level, if you press escape the first time, it might crash. After that, it should be fine though... I didn't do a lot of testing though...

Tor and Asha2 battles run pretty well now, though there is at least one effect that is kind of slow. Didn't have a save to try the null driver level... uncertain if that still works.

You can download newer versions of that WineD3D, but that version seems to let you alt+tab, without it breaking.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
*past that
**this version lets you alt+tab
Polaris
Polaris
Oh, wow. You didn't have to do all that work, but I really appreciate it. c:

I'll try it when I get home. Thank you, X! :3
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
Glad to help :] (I just hope it works for you!)
And I also wanted to play Iji all over again sometime without problems, so it was the perfect chance to fix it up ;]

Btw, I encountered a problem with the music making glitchy sounds whenever any song starts...
Seems like for some reason it was reading mp3 tag information as part of the song... But, I didn't have that problem on my other PC. So, not sure if it's just me.
But I fixed that too, by removing the tags, and making new tags...

If you need those fixed song files tell me~
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
Any luck Polaris? I had someone else try it, and they said it errored on them... They didn't say what the error message was though...
I am running Windows 7 Home x64, Nvidia GTX 760, Intel i7-3770 CPU
Polaris
Polaris
Due to some circumstances that are too silly to relate, I unexpectedly didn't have access to my laptop yesterday, but I'll be sure to try it today. ^_^

Hopefully Windows 8 doesn't break it like it does everything else! Doesn't help that my computer is vastly inferior to yours, of course, given your crazy good setup. =o
Polaris
Polaris
Yeah, I'm afraid it doesn't quite run.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>Access violation at address 75B49E80 in module 'msvcrt.dll'. Read of address 0000000.</p></blockquote><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>Unexpected error occurred when running the game.</p></blockquote>
But, don't worry about it. Thank you for all the effort put in, X, it's really nice of you c: