Noxid
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• Oooohh... What I prolly would have done is made the extra flag an indicator that you DON'T want the ! to appear, since having it appear is the "default" option, but it's probably kinda late for that now, I guess...
    I'm planning on giving more constructive feedback on your mod eventually, but I'm wondering why you don't just make it so that all entities with the "call event on interaction" flag give the exclamation mark automatically without you having to set another flag?
    The best method I could think of that wouldn't take you forever to program would follow an algorithm something like this:

1) Create a block of color*
    2) Move over the width of ^ and repeat until the whole row is filled.
    3) Move down the maximum height in ^ row and repeat until max height is filled.

So now you have a file that when converted back would be a lattice of colorblocks and holes. Now, however, we can start systematically filling in the holes with your previously used method.

4) Print a code to show that the end of blockcoding has been reached
    5) Find first hole and print out line encoding
    6) Do the same for all remaining holes

And just as the encoding program is able to figure out where the holes are after the blocks are created, the decoding algorithm can do the very same. This will be more memory intensive, but should save much more space.

Now, to make this better, you could limit the maximum size of each block. this way, no supertall blocks force the rest of the code to be written the old way. You would also want to run size checks from all four directions and not just two, in order to optimize, again.

*Also i was bored so I wrote a possible blockmaking code. Edit my post in order to see that it tually does have decent spacing and such.

x = 0;
    y = 0;
    i = 0;

while (true) {
    //Gather Data
    t = 1;
    n = 0;
    a = 0;
    while (true) {
    while (true) {
    if (c[x,y]==c[x+t,y+n]) {
    a = 1;
    tw++;
    if (x+tw > maxwidth) {
    a = 0;
    tw = maxwidth-x;
    break;
    }
    } else {
    tw--;
    if (a==1) {
    a = 0;
    break;
    }
    if (tw<0) {
    a = 0;
    break;
    }
    }
    }
    if (t<0) {
    m=n;
    break;
    )
    t[n] = t;
    n++;
    }

//Find 'Optimum' Rectangle
    n = 0;
    r = 0;
    while (m>n) {
    if (t[r]*r<t[n]*n) {
    r = n;
    }
    n ++
    }

//output the characteristics of block as a datastructure
    p = DataPelletConstruct(c[x,y],t[r],r);
    i++;

//move over to the next item
    x += t[r];
    if (x>maxwidth) {
    break;
    }
    }
    Considering that I did so subconsciencely, yes you did. Although it is still a differently styled song. It appears that my Midis sound lazier than my Orgs. Maybe it's because I don't have to do audio adjustments. I believe you should make more songs so I can kinda but not really steal from them. Or at least give myself a break and not make 3 songs in one day.
    I was working on a song for one of my projects, and realized that it sounded suspiciously like the your song from the crystal cave part of your mod. I feel even worse because I envisioned it in a similar area, and what's worse is that I think I spelled envisioned wrong.
    I WOULD GLADLY LIKE TO TELL ALL MY FRIENDS THAT I HAVE STARTED A FORUM BOOK KNOWN AS CAVE STORY 2: RISE OF THE FIRST SON IN THE CAVE STORY SECTION!!! IT IS A BOOK I AM PLANNING TO WORK ON WHEN I HAVE FREE TIME, AND I HOPE I MAY FINISH IT, I AM WILLING TO SEE ANYONE'S RESPONSE TO IT!!!
    I know.
    I was just saying that to make you feel better about your failure.
    Only 81.86 blocks per minute? That's only better than I will ever be!
    And you call yourself good at this game.
    I've met at least zero people better than you!
    Psh.
    Er, yes.
    If you think about it, there is always an infinite amount of people who are worse than you (they just aren't registered on the site)
    Why, so I don't see your CHEATING?

...wow this is ridiculously awesome.
    You are a tetris god.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…