Polaris

Regularly Scheduled Programming

• Media owner Polaris
  • Date added
[b][i]Or is it o:[/i][/b]

I'm still kind of unhappy with the three uploads for 280, 281 and 282, so if I can think of something better I'll be replacing the three. Didn't even get them out in time for my birthday... >.>

But that's neither here nor there! The general gist of the three, which I've had planned for awhile and probably failed to convey well, is that Mega Gardevoir is going to be a thing in this gallery now (as you totally didn't guess from the image above)!

Odd as it may sound given my tendency to obsess over all things green and adorable, I was not actually on board with Mega Gardevoir at first. In fact, I kind of went through a few of the five stages of grief over it, I kid you not - I definitely went through genuine denial when Meta showed me the first leaked image, which is really out of character for me. Regardless, we are totally friends now and some of the M.Gardevoir pics I've been saving will start coming through now :debug:

They probably won't be uploaded as frequently as regular Gardevoir pics, but there's a ton of excellent art since the usual communities have really taken a shine to the mega. Probably somewhat more often than standalone Kirlia and Ralts drawings, definitely more often than Gallade...speaking of which, he and his super neat looking mega (which I like more than the regular version, to be honest!) are also things that exist and I've been neglecting Gallade in general for a long time. They will also be appearing more often, hopefully! I tried to have one in the three uploads but just couldn't find a fitting picture. Is it obvious yet that all of these updates were supposed to be in those three?

But yeah. Exposition over...for now. As for the picture itself, this little number is actually solely responsible for getting me warmed up to Mega Gardevoir and its design! I had to keep it in my windows for a week or so, to be honest ^_^;

I must admit that its design seemed like a super doofy and bad direction at first exposure, but I now really appreciate what they were going for, and it's quite pretty and elegant and cute. I don't really care for the themes of most of MasterPloxy's work (the comments on the right side should give a hint as to what those themes are), but his style is adorable to a superior extent. He's a great artist, I can definitely give him that :3
I don't really like Mega Gardevoir myself. Its design just seems so ridiculous and uninspired. I mean it's just a bigger dress. I find it kind of disappointing. A lot of my favorite Pokemon got megas (all the ones I had when I beat Steven in Emerald, in fact), and Gardevoir was the first one I really got a look at the design of. It was easily my least favorite of all the ones I had, and it just kinda bothers me how it's not too interesting. It doesn't really expand on the design or change it in any really appealing way. It's probably one of my least favorite mega Pokemon. I mean, it would just be a mega I disliked a lot with all that in mind, but the one thing that makes me kinda hate it, is that I had a male Gardevoir. Male Gardevoir exists. Regular Gardevoir is based on a woman, obviously, but it at least looked like it could be a guy. Mega Gardevoir is just no. No.
Anyway, sorry for random comment rant, but I read things about that so I felt like saying it.

[quote name="Thatnamelessguy" timestamp="1429836140"]Anyway, sorry for random comment rant, but I read things about that so I felt like saying it.[/quote]
Nameless, your comments are one of the most rewarding things I get from doing these uploads. You have nothing to apologize for. :debug:

Anyway, I certainly agree with some of the sentiments of what you're saying. The concept of an opened heart is interesting, but I still feel like the design could have been improved somehow. I don't know what exactly that improvement would have been, though, so I guess my vague complaint isn't too justified. I feel that way about a big chunk of the megas, though, I wasn't exactly a fan of the concept when it was revealed and I only tolerate it now. Mega Gardevoir gets a pass in my eyes because it can still be pretty and cute, and because it's Gardevoir.

Male Gardevoir, like female Machamp, have a bit of a rough time with people less accepting than you and I, so hopefully yours is used to it. Gendered Mega Evolutions aren't a thing yet and I'd kind of dislike it if it were used for Gardevoir, but it does kind of feel like Game Freak/The Pokémon Company/whoever forgets their own gender distributions at times. At least they haven't done anything drastic like make Gardevoir female only, I'd be seriously angry if that became the case.

Media information

Album
Grand Gallery of Gardevoir Pics
Added by
Polaris
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Copyright
MasterPloxy of DeviantArt // http://masterploxy.deviantart.com/art/A-Mega-gardevoir-408212434

Share this media

Back