Heya! Havent touched the game for months and now I'm lost :P. Anyone got any tips?

Dec 24, 2022 at 12:35 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Heya!

So I'm in the Sand Zone, and I believe I'm doing something involving dogs. But i can't find anymore or what I'm supposed to do with them, any help?
I'm playing WiiWare, by the way
Thanks!

Woag.. I'm worth 1 rupee

Woag.. I'm worth 1 rupee
I'm a bagel :)! Best forum. But yeah, if anyone has any tips then let me know!:mahin:

Dec 24, 2022 at 5:18 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This handy little guide on the tribute site should get you going in the right direction:

Dec 24, 2022 at 5:23 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This handy little guide on the tribute site should get you going in the right direction:
Oh, thanks! Also quick question, should I continue playing the Wii verssion or move over to Cave Story+ on PC?

Dec 24, 2022 at 5:57 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Oh, thanks! Also quick question, should I continue playing the Wii verssion or move over to Cave Story+ on PC?
Depends on whether or not you want to spend money (unless you already have CS+ for PC). The PC version has a few extra challenges, as well as another soundtrack option (though iirc that was a pre-order bonus or something?), but otherwise i don't think it really matters which version you play.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 7:57 PM
Based Member
To be honest, I think the original freeware version of the game is the way to go, because that's the classic experience that was really polished and barely has any bugs. It also has the AGTP translation which is a lot more natural than the dry and flat NICALiS translation. But that's coming from someone who was originally introduced to freeware Cave Story in 2011 when NICALiS was still a relatively new name in the Cave Story community.

Dec 24, 2022 at 9:05 PM
"Huzzah!"
if anything the switch version is the definitive (albeit a little overpriced) edition these days due to its QoL changes, but fundamentally every version's the same, just give or take a few bonus options, as well as financial support of pixel... so if you're already a fair way in, i'd just keep playing on wiiware

Dec 26, 2022 at 3:20 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Pretty much all of the versions are the same, but WiiWare's soundtrack is probably the most hated, and not for bad reasons at all. I don't think it's that bad, but you're going to find the final boss theme really underwhelming. I like freeware the best, but I'm biased because that's what I use. Anyway, you're supposed to return the puppies to Jenka, if you don't know.

Dec 26, 2022 at 5:16 AM
War criminal
Oh boy, yet another conversation about Wii's soundtrack.

Mar 5, 2023 at 11:44 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Honestly, I’d say just play it on PC with a widescreen mod. The new soundtracks don’t sound as good as Organya, and $30 is highway robbery for a free game that’s damn near 20 years old.

Mar 6, 2023 at 2:11 AM
War criminal
They did say "PC", meaning $15. Which is still a lot, tbh. Honestly, the eShop version probably has the best price (it's $10), even if it's closing at the end of this month.

Mar 6, 2023 at 2:29 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
shame it's closing down, my 3ds is fucked and i wanted a chance to buy a bunch of virtual console shit before it went away. :(