Would anyone be interested in a Mafia game?

Jun 27, 2021 at 10:57 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
(Unsure if this is actually the correct sub-forum for this)
I am a big fan of the Mafia social deduction game. I've actually hosted a series of Mafia games in mostly every online community I've been in so far. During my time of lurking these forums I noticed that a game took place here in 2010, but it doesn't seem like a lot of people were interested.

So wait, what is Mafia anyway??

It's like Among Us but awesome!

In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, the game host will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while everyone else will only know their own role. The game has two phases, the first of which is Day. During Day, the Town must choose someone to Eliminate; they are trying to get rid of the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are eliminated. Their role color is revealed by the host, and it becomes Night.

During the Night the Mafia can speak to each other privately to plot strategy and decide who to murder before the next Day begins. In this way, they can silence members of the Town who are threats to them. At the end of the Night, the murder is carried out and another Day begins. In effect, the Town gets to kill someone, and then the Mafia gets to kill someone. The game alternates between Day and Night until either the Mafia are gone, or the Mafia have killed everyone else (or nothing can prevent the same).

I'm looking forward into trying to host a game on this sub-forum. If you're interested in playing then let me know in this thread.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 4:20 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Interesting, I've played this game in person a lot at youth group and other related in person get togethers, and I semi-successfully played this game with a large group over Zoom one time, but I've never tried playing this game in a discussion board. Would you be communicating secret information to mafia members by PM'ing them? And would the timeline of this game elapse over the course of actual days?

In any case, it's been a while since there was much activity in the forum-based games section, and this seems fairly well thought-out, so go ahead and sign me up and let's see if we can get enough participants for an interesting game of CSTSF Mafia.

Jun 28, 2021 at 6:15 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Would you be communicating secret information to mafia members by PM'ing them?
Roles will be given out via PMs. During the night, role actions (Such as voting on killing for the Mafia or viewing someone's role alignment for roles such as the Cop) will be used by PMing me.
And would the timeline of this game elapse over the course of actual days?
Usually, on forum-based Mafia games, cycles usually last a week (an exception being days in games where insta-elimination is allowed). Although this may be subject to change for games here.

Jun 28, 2021 at 7:41 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have 3 billion hours in town of salem 1v1 me

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:57 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh yeah I should have probably mentioned Town of Salem since it's a pretty popular Mafia variation apparently, although I've never played it.

Jun 30, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Hosting a game of mafia via the forums does seem like a monumental task in current year with how spattered about this site's viewership can be, you certain it wouldn't be better to just open a Discord group for it?

Aug 1, 2021 at 5:39 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Can I play mafia game :oops:

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:20 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I'm down.
Sign me up for some Mafia.