The Big Fat Cave Story Beta SFX Thread (delete please)

Apr 3, 2021 at 5:32 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hello gamers, Today I am presenting you with, as the title suggests, a thread for posting cleanups of Cave Story Beta's sound effects.

HOW DO I REMOVE MUSIC FROM SOUND EFFECTS?

Well, there are multiple ways to do this. You could use a spectrogram editor to
erase all other frequencies other than the sound effect, but the way I do it is this:

1. Open up Audacity and load up the audio of one of the Cave Story Beta videos, then select the sound effect you want to isolate.
It can help if you play the audio slowly, and then selecting the sound effect.

2. Copy the selected sound effect, then go to File > New and paste it there.
If you play the sound effect now, you'll surely hear background music. But we are gonna fix that.

3. Import the music that's playing in the background, then select the part that's playing in the background of the sound effect.
Then, go to Effect > Noise Reduction and click Get Noise Profile. after you click it, the window will close.
Re-select your sound effect, and open Noise Reduction back up again.

4. Next, select your noise reduction settings. the Noise reduction slider sets how much the audio will be muted, so in most cases you want to turn it to the max.
Sensitivity controls the well, sensitivity to noise, and Frequency smoothing basically (from what I know) controls what pitch of noise to remove.
So if the noise is a low pitch, set Frequency smoothing to 0, and visa versa.

Once you mess around with the settings, you should get a decently clean sound effect. You may have to amplify it.

DOWNLOADS

This is probably what most of you reading this thread have been waiting for:
Downloads to some of my cleaned Cave Story Beta sound effects.

NOTE: The reason I uploaded Ikachan's message "blip" sound is because some people don't know how to rip sounds from a game,
so I'm including it. But it is NOT mine

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 6:13 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
NOTE: The reason I uploaded Ikachan's message "blip" sound is because some people don't know how to rip sounds from a game,
so I'm including it. But it is NOT mine

I've heard a cleaner break SFX made by @Rain and I think there's already a cleaner enemy shoot and enemy hurt sound effect by Wirelex.exe

Apr 3, 2021 at 7:07 PM
"Huzzah!"
Very nice but the bgm can still be heard in the background.

Aug 1, 2021 at 2:31 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Update: Ripped the selection sound & the cion collect sound w/o background music using Fruity parametric EQ 2 in FL Studio. The google drive has been updated. I'm not sure if the Cion collection sound is accurate though.

Last edited: