Cave Story Detail

Feb 26, 2021 at 4:44 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This My all new project where I edit the look of maps to make them look nicer and a bit more detailed and changing some of the text up, I do plan on adding extra areas to the game but I don't know what they are yet. Please note that this is my first mod for cave story so there will be some little map errors and sprite errors. Currently You can Play up to the Sand Zone, the entire game is playable but not fully changed. Added older version save compatibility, from Starting point - to the Sand Zone.

Older Downloads:
Demo V0.1
Demo V0.3

Newest Releases/Patches:
Demo V0.4 Latest Release

In The Works Currently: Working on Sand Zone, other various changes, new icon.

Estimated Full Game Release: When I feel like it its a Complete and Worth Playing Game
No new Screenshots

Cave Story Detail6.jpgCave Story Detail5.jpgCave Story Detail4.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 10:59 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Are you actually using Windows XP for that? Or is that a virtual machine?

Feb 27, 2021 at 12:18 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Feb 27, 2021 at 1:25 AM
Based Member
Technically, he should be able to do everything he needs to Cave Story-wise on his Windows XP computer, since CS and pretty much all of the CS modding tools are Windows XP compatible, and don't require that much processing power. Granted, if he's trying to do some web browsing on this computer, then that might be a bit tricky/risky, but it's still doable.

This is bringing me back to my early CS modding days back in 2011 and 2012 when I used a Windows XP laptop that was manufactured in 2004.

Feb 27, 2021 at 1:43 AM
"Huzzah!"
Technically, he should be able to do everything he needs to Cave Story-wise on his Windows XP computer, since CS and pretty much all of the CS modding tools are Windows XP compatible, and don't require that much processing power. Granted, if he's trying to do some web browsing on this computer, then that might be a bit tricky/risky, but it's still doable.

This is bringing me back to my early CS modding days back in 2011 and 2012 when I used a Windows XP laptop that was manufactured in 2004.
I mean, sure but Windows XP is pretty outdated.

Feb 27, 2021 at 2:19 AM
Based Member
To be fair, Subbd_Gaming is just 13 years old, so he probably doesn't have a lot of money or a lot of choice in what kind of computer he gets. My guess is he either got his computer at a hugely discounted price, or one of his family members bequeathed it to him. As a teenager, I had to rely on my parents' generosity to either pay or co-pay for a half-decent used computer. It's only recently that I had the money to finally buy my very own brand new top-of-the-line computer.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 2:24 AM
"Huzzah!"
To be fair, Subbd_Gaming is just 13 years old, so he probably doesn't have a lot of money or a lot of choice in what kind of computer he gets. My guess is he either got his computer at a hugely discounted price, or one of his family members bequeathed it onto him. As a teenager, I had to rely on my parents' generosity to either pay or co-pay for a half-decent used computer. It's only recently that I had the money to finally buy my very own brand new top-of-the-line computer.
Fair enough

Feb 27, 2021 at 6:50 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Giving CS a nice makeover sounds like a fun project, I enjoyed what there was and I can't wait to see it continue!

Feb 27, 2021 at 11:42 PM
Mar 2, 2021 at 11:55 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
This My all new project where I edit the look of maps to make them look nicer and a bit more detailed and changing some of the text up, I do plan on adding extra areas to the game but I don't know what they are yet. Please note that this is my first mod for cave story so there will be some little map errors and sprite errors. Currently You can Play Up to Talking to Sue in a Cage, the entire game is playable but not fully changed. Added premade save compatibility, from Starting point - to About to enter Bushlands
Downloads:
Demo V0.1
Demo V0.3 Latest Public Build

In The Works Currently: Bushlands/Grass town + sub areas, Starting All New Area
The Master's Trials
fix maps, and new gun and bullet sprites

Estimated Full Game Release 3-4 months

I'm not gonna lie, this mod is kind of like.... First if you need to know how to script doors, then search cave editor guide or something on YouTube. It should be compatible with boosters lab. Also what's up with those chains with no ends? At least make them have an end or don't make them at all. Also the area around the door in the 3rd picture should have something going around it, it almost looks kind of gross with nothing around it.
Also, Toroko disappears in thin air when she runs away in the first cutscene. To fix this, If you have a script editor, then just increase the time from (I forgot) ticks to maybe (200) ticks the command you should look out for is "<WAI" other than that, it's pretty good.

Ever tried to change the backround?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 5:10 PM
I'm not gonna lie, this mod is kind of like.... First if you need to know how to script doors, then search cave editor guide or something on YouTube. It should be compatible with boosters lab. Also what's up with those chains with no ends? At least make them have an end or don't make them at all. Also the area around the door in the 3rd picture should have something going around it, it almost looks kind of gross with nothing around it.
Also, Toroko disappears in thin air when she runs away in the first cutscene. To fix this, If you have a script editor, then just increase the time from (I forgot) ticks to maybe (200) ticks the command you should look out for is "<WAI" other than that, it's pretty good.

Ever tried to change the backround?
Yeah I've been working on fixing some minor errors I made on the maps, I will be keeping an eye out for these kinds of mistakes and learn how this all works in the progress and the chains will be changed a bit. Thanks for the feedback.