org2xm won't open

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:22 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
if it is off topic, warn me, because i'm new to the forums, but i need help with org2xm, when i click on the application, a black screen appears for half a second and disappear, and after that, nothing happens anymore. i tried opening task manager and other ways to see if something is happening, but i won't get any clue org2xm is running.

note: i am on windows 10 64bit.

(sorry for the bad english)

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:46 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
org2xm uses a 'command line interface' - it doesn't have a nice window you can open up and use like normal, but you can still use it in a different way.
Do you know about 'command prompt'? Try going to the folder where org2xm is located, now hold Shift and right-click on it. (On the folder, not on org2xm.) Do you see 'Open command window here'? If yes, click that. Now a black box with white text will open up. Now type:

org2xm <your song name>.org ORGxxxyy.dat

and press enter. Then the program should work, and the xm file will appear in that folder.
(The ORGxxxyy.dat is based on your version - use ORG134EN.dat or ORG210EN.dat or ORG210JP.dat)

I hope that works for you!

Feb 22, 2021 at 11:32 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
org2xm uses a 'command line interface' - it doesn't have a nice window you can open up and use like normal, but you can still use it in a different way.
Do you know about 'command prompt'? Try going to the folder where org2xm is located, now hold Shift and right-click on it. (On the folder, not on org2xm.) Do you see 'Open command window here'? If yes, click that. Now a black box with white text will open up. Now type:

org2xm <your song name>.org ORGxxxyy.dat

and press enter. Then the program should work, and the xm file will appear in that folder.
(The ORGxxxyy.dat is based on your version - use ORG134EN.dat or ORG210EN.dat or ORG210JP.dat)

I hope that works for you!
did i do something wrong? Because when i did what you said, there wasn't any "open command window here" there was only powershell, that didn't work, so i tried doing it manual, and look what hapenned:
1614036438920.png

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 11:46 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Just drag and drop the org file over the Org2XM program. It converts the file that way, too.

Feb 22, 2021 at 11:59 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just drag and drop the org file over the Org2XM program. It converts the file that way, too.
Yeah, looks like org2xm just hates my pc. Because when i did what you said, it opened and said invalid sample bank header just like before. And i still didn't get my xm :(

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 1:46 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
It worked for me in Powershell. I typed
Code:
./org2xm rain.org ORG210EN.DAT
and it generated the .xm file.

Mar 26, 2021 at 5:21 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Yeah, looks like org2xm just hates my pc. Because when i did what you said, it opened and said invalid sample bank header just like before. And i still didn't get my xm :(
You probably want to actually change to the directory that org2xm is in before attempting to run the commands. You're still in the users home directory and typed out the directory that org2xm is in. That's fine, but you also have to type the directory again for each argument, like the actual org and the .DAT file, if you're not in the directory itself.

If you use the more recent version that Clownacy and I forked You don't have to provide ORG210EN.DAT as an argument to get the org to convert (meaning drag/drop should work fine). Also the volume conversion has been corrected to match org fades.

...I should have probably had a release binary included so everyone doesn't have to compile the program just to use it. (I'm assuming since you didn't know what a terminal was before this thread, You didn't compile the newer fork)

I'd make a release right now, but I don't have access to a windows machine that can compile code...