Full Cave Story Script (WIP)

Feb 4, 2018 at 4:26 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I wanted to look through an in order script of the game, but didn't find one out there. So I decided I'd make my own. I've included a second-person narration to describe what happens between dialogue, sort of like stage direction (designated by italic text.) This script uses the AG translation. I've gotten through where you first enter Arthur's house.

Why?
I just wanted to be able to read the game like a story, and as much as I and the rest of us love the gameplay, I know non-gamers might not, but they could still read it to appreciate the story. I suppose if someone wanted to record it like an audiobook, they could as well, allowing the visually impaired to experience the story.

Any feedback would be appreciated, it took me four hours at least to write and copy what I have already. I'd also like to know how the community thinks I should go about Yes/No decisions, and whether I should just make the reader go for the good ending, or include a way not to, like a choose-your-own-adventure book would.

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MQjsFUdKcAOtUbmCHFOyHZ5AEfmloMov/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: Just realised Prelude should be Prologue. Eh... I'll fix it tomorrow. Blame me being a musician, not a writer for the most part.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018 at 4:40 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
you should make one for each ending:chin:

but you will have to change some stuff for certain parts for the secreetttt ending

also with the yes no it seems kind of like a choose your own pathway:chin::chin::chin::chin::balrog::balrog::chin:
and its just for reading so make them say whatever is good for the ending that is needed
maybe also write more on the boss fights

i think its pretty neato but thats just me :chin::chin::chin::D:D

Feb 4, 2018 at 6:20 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Feb 4, 2018 at 9:16 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
The mimiga mask ending is no different from the normal ending, it'd be rather taboo if that's included, too.
I think he/she meant the Sacred Ground ending. Also, I could have sworn Misery said that she could still tell it's you if you show up with the Mimiga Mask.

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:23 PM
War criminal
I think he/she meant the Sacred Ground ending. Also, I could have sworn Misery said that she could still tell it's you if you show up with the Mimiga Mask.
But will it be worth it, rewriting the same amount of text only for one line? And everybody knows about all endings the game has, an expectation for every member here is to know the game inside and out.

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:39 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Bless you for using the Aeon Genesis translation.

The scripts will diverge intensely after you choose to save booster or not. That would probably be a difficult thing to keep afloat in a single document.

Jan 24, 2023 at 2:28 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Mind if I make one for the Nicalis translation? If no one says then I will :mrgreen:

Mind if I make one for the Nicalis translation? If no one says then I will :mrgreen:
Also, just to be clear, yes I will be trying to do the best ending. Unless...

I will be posting my progress using a Onedrive link that you can access at any time. While you may not be able to edit, you can leave comments on it and tell me what I got wrong or possibly inconsistent with the actual story.
Edit: Sorry guys, I couldn't really get it to work that well. Just post your comments her by quoting this message.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 4:12 PM
War criminal
Jan 26, 2023 at 10:16 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You can very well try, but I doubt any progress has been made the 5 years between the last time this thread was updated and now.
Well I'm a determined person. You never know :)