Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
cave story HD
what i've always dreamed of
and honestly don't give us oversized heads

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:43 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Keep dreaming. I doubt NICALiS give a shit. Reprogramming the game for a new platform is an excuse for them to fix all the bugs and replace them with many new ones, but new content of any kind? Haha, like they care. They just want money.[/QUOTE]
yeah, i can see how they've been a bunch of greedy shits during the production of CS+.
but as long as we can make mods, hacks, i'm good.

ok, i'm bad at this

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:25 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Last edited:
Jan 25, 2017 at 1:32 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jan 25, 2017 at 1:44 PM
it's an avatar
No I mean in the Cave Story icon there's a blue ghostly looking thing in the upper left corner. I dunno I just don't remember anything looking like that in Cave Story...

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:51 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
No I mean in the Cave Story icon there's a blue ghostly looking thing in the upper left corner. I dunno I just don't remember anything looking like that in Cave Story...
I think that's just a slope or something, with a blue light near an opening.

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:34 AM
You know... Remember all the stuff Nicalis posted last year? All the stuff under the "Voxel Story" hashtag?

They also posted some 3D Cave Story models. Both with no explanation.

Now think about Cave Story 3D. It had both a game mode with regular 3D graphics and another mode with the original 2D sprites.

Just saying. Maybe Cave Story Switch will have a 3D mode and a Voxel graphics mode in the style of the original game.

As long as it's lighted properly and all the characters have mouths this time that's pretty cool.

I'm probably over thinking it. It'll probably just be another port. But it's fun to think about.

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:20 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
You know... Remember all the stuff Nicalis posted last year? All the stuff under the "Voxel Story" hashtag?

They also posted some 3D Cave Story models. Both with no explanation.

Now think about Cave Story 3D. It had both a game mode with regular 3D graphics and another mode with the original 2D sprites.

Just saying. Maybe Cave Story Switch will have a 3D mode and a Voxel graphics mode in the style of the original game.

As long as it's lighted properly and all the characters have mouths this time that's pretty cool.

I'm probably over thinking it. It'll probably just be another port. But it's fun to think about.
I think that'd be really cool, maybe a CS3D with 2D characters on a 3D plane.

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:19 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Voxel story was just a fanart thing. However there was a pretty sweet looking 2d mockup that Nicalis commissioned a while back, so I hope it bears fruit.

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:49 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
Again, all I'm expecting is a buggy CS+ port with less stuff.
Well we can only hope for a decent, well-done port, we don't know yet what can happen, if it's good, bad, or in between, CS on the Dsi was cool, same goes for the 3DS version of it, the Wii one gave new graphics and music (which is my least favorite rendition of the OST but I thought some tracks still held up, I like Running hell and Jenka 2 way more than their original counterparts). CS+ was cool with it's similar increase in graphics, more level modes/challenges (the nemesis challenge can rot.....), and another soundtrack redo (a personal favorite of the whole thing, also used in CS-3D), I would like to keep all ports on a lovely pedestal, we can only hope for the best, and if we keep optimism up, it can be a good or even better port.

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:36 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I just want this game on console in a resolution higher than 480p. Very hyped for this.

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:14 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Again, all I'm expecting is a buggy CS+ port with less stuff.
Nintendo are very keen on getting their console to succeed, they wouldn't have accepted Cave Story if it weren't a good port.

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:36 PM
Professional Whatever
if they wanted their console to succeed they wouldn't launch with one game

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:13 PM
War criminal
Mar 2, 2017 at 6:21 PM
Assistance
my best guess would be that the Cave Story on the Switch will be a direct port of steam's Cave Story+, so yeah it's probably nothing special.
since the glory days of the Cave Story Wiiware, hearing the name nicalis gives me a killer rash where the sun dont shine

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2017 at 11:42 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
my best guess would be that the Cave Story on the Switch will be a direct port of steam's Cave Story+, so yeah it's probably nothing special.
Apart from being widescreen and having a physical release. I would buy it for that cover art alone. Is the big font really necessary?