My Custom Character/Characters

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:29 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey Guys This Is My First Thread (i think...) Anyway This Is My Custom Character That I Plan To Make A Mod With

p210719-0-y2l4x0p.png

New Curly Sprite!
p210719-1-dw4tkfk.png

New Balrog Sprite!
p210719-2-fnnzcpt.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 22, 2015 at 7:47 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Hey look it's Jonspider, I mean interobang, I mean an mspaint recolor; also comes in curly edition.

Also how is that balrog recolor let alone a new sprite? it looks like a saturation increment.

This art is about as creative as your username.

E: Welcome to hard-ass land, do something worthy; then release content.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2015 at 8:12 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey look it's Jonspider, I mean interobang, I mean an mspaint recolor; also comes in curly edition.

Also how is that balrog recolor let alone a new sprite? it looks like a saturation increment.

Something happened to my .pbm files for most of my edited sprites so now i can work on a better sprite/sprites

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:27 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Did you change them to bmp?

Boosters Lab should have done that for you already.

Please don't tell me you've been using Cave Editor's built in .pbm editor

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:52 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Did you change them to bmp?

Boosters Lab should have done that for you already.

Please don't tell me you've been using Cave Editor's built in .pbm editor

yep :/ i've been using cave editor

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:16 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I Started Using Both Boosters Lab + Cave Editor

Ditch Cave Editor.

Join the Booster's Lab Cult. We've got cookies. And ASM hacks. And a much better interface. And Javascript.

That was... harshly constructive.

@Herobrine

1. I've never understood what the hell Herobrine is and what the obsession is.
2. This community has seen a LOT of recolors of Cave Story sprites. Custom sprites is the way to go.

Dec 24, 2015 at 3:02 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Don't let bombchu's comments get you down, everyone starts somewhere and so did he. Keep practicing and improving and you'll be doing great things in no time.

Dec 24, 2015 at 5:07 PM
Based Member
Don't let bombchu's comments get you down, everyone starts somewhere and so did he.
Yeah uh, to elaborate on what Doors said, I don't mean to call you out Bombchu, but I think your first response was a bit unnecessary.

I'm a little bit surprised to see a post like this come from you. Even if the OP's content isn't all that impressive, there are much more effective ways to express your opinion that aren't nearly as scathing. Just because people here ridiculed you as a new user doesn't make it okay for you to do the same to users who come after you.

Dec 24, 2015 at 5:19 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Gimp is your friend. I suggest using it for sprites.

Dec 25, 2015 at 4:49 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Yeah uh, to elaborate on what Doors said, I don't mean to call you out Bombchu, but I think your first response was a bit unnecessary.

I'm a little bit surprised to see a post like this come from you. Even if the OP's content isn't all that impressive, there are much more effective ways to express your opinion that aren't nearly as scathing. Just because people here ridiculed you as a new user doesn't make it okay for you to do the same to users who come after you.

Yes, I know I'm acting like a child again. *sigh*

It's just that I gained a strong dislike toward new members that don't show any skill or determination at first sight. Mainly because I was part of the proplem at one point. And It's just a cycle that I'm just now starting to see happen. Some of you guys have been putting up with this for years now I'm sure... you guys put up with me after all.

It all just looks rather pointless, this cycle does... and trying to help those that come after that don't look very competent doesn't sit well with me and it's just better to upfront tell them that they suck and to get good or leave.

(so god help me I've always been terrible at expressing how I feel about things, and they are always end up worded like I'm a heartless prick.)

Dec 25, 2015 at 5:13 AM
Professional Whatever
DO NOT do that thing, that's judging a book by its cover and can potentially ruin what could become great content on this site.
Unless they are specifically acting arrogant or aggressive then there is absolutely no reason to attack them just because they're new, they've done something you've seen before, and/or you assume they're incompetent. They may be incompetent. That's fine too. Do you think that people start out good at anything? Neither you nor I did.

tl;dr: don't be an asshole because you're too lazy to help.

Apr 3, 2016 at 4:48 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
p214240-0-sqduuau.png
This may or may not be the beginning of a very crappy cave story mod

May 29, 2016 at 1:12 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Currently working on better sprites and crud but does anyone know how to remove the 2004.12 Studio Pixel thing????

Last edited: