Tribute Site Submissions (Fanart, Music, etc.) or Suggestions

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:24 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Aug 19, 2012 at 4:41 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Noxid created everything, what are you talking about? He made the entire forums.

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:55 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Professor Booster created everything, what are you talking about? He made the entire forums.

fix'd. Actually, I didn't really change anything. Oh well.

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:24 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Noxid doesn't control the tribute site iirc. It's all Andwhyisit.

Officially, yes, it's andwhyisit.

I'll still ask Noxid to "talk" with andwhy, I'm sure there won't be any objections. People who object Noxid's statements don't go far. In fact, they disapear!

Sep 3, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Fanart added.
Fanfic added.

Sorry for the delay.

Nov 9, 2012 at 6:04 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Decided to write my fanction.
I suck at imagery.

Title: Little bird
Now the last wizard, Ballos, of whose magic he let out of control, and therefore damned him for eternity, is nearing his end. The wizard had transformed into a giant, floating sphere surrounded by several eyeballs. Red, fleshy liquid oozed from all of his orifices, yet he grinned, a very unsettling grin. Fighting against the raging storm of his magic is a boy and a girl. Except they are no boy or girl, they’re robots. The female-looking one, Curly Brace, while normally talkative, stayed silent as she aimed her gun, called the Nemesis, and shot at the bloodstained cherubs with golden hair, butes, which came forth from the wizard like newborn children, infernal winged newborn children. The boy, Quote, scowled as he pulled out his Blade, and sliced 5 of them into pieces, before kicking up his Booster 2.0 and headed toward the giant ball of madness. An angel rose out from Ballos’ left eye just in time to see the silvery glint of the robot’s weapon. Its soft skull gave a sickening crunch as the blade embedded itself on its head. An apparition appeared beside him, a rabbit-humanoid, a mimiga named King. King nodded as Quote pushed his Blade completely into Ballos’ eye, and the ghost followed, melting into the red ooze.
“Guh!” Curly exclaimed as a bute armed with a spear crashed into her like a jousting knight. Her body wasn’t much injured, but she lost balance and fell off one of the floating platforms that they suspected was Ballos’ way of helping them defeat himself. Quote would be better at dodging these things, and so she was dismayed when a lightning destroyed the Iron Bond that had made them connect back-to-back like Siamese twins. She looked on the spikes below, and yelled out for help.

King slashed the insides of Ballos into pieces before the Blade was expelled out like a parasite. Quote jumped off the wizard’s face and grabbed the Blade, and Curly, as he aimed his Super Rocket Launcher. “SEE YOU IN PURGATORY!!” the normally untalkative robot yelled, and fired a cloud of rockets on the gaping hole that the Blade came out from. The explosion of goos made the wizard look like one of those humans from the surface that ate a grenade. A very powerful grenade.

“That” Curly smiled as she finished her tale, as if he wasn't there when it happened, “Is totally what you should be able to do. I’m okay with the 2D graphic, but you should be able to do something cool!”

Quote chuckled as he put the finishing touch on the credits. He understands that Curly doesn't understand the limits when you’re sending something through dimensions. He might one day make that possible, but Virtual Reality isn't a thing yet in that world. He uploaded the source into his data, and headed to sleep in his hay bed and dreamwalk.

That guy probably thought it was all his idea.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:38 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
http://cavestory.org/downloads_betamusic.php

The ptcop links give xm files :b

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:13 AM
Professional Whatever
Wouldn't Wind Fortress be considered a beta org?

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Whoops.

Links fixed, sorry about that.

Wouldn't Wind Fortress be considered a beta org?
Nope. It was used in CS+.

That aside, the Beta Music page represents old versions of Cave Story tracks regardless of whether or not they were used in the final game.
So for instance the current version of Pier Walk would be on the Music page under unreleased tracks, while the old version would be on the Beta Music page.

Nov 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Just a sketch of a beta screenshot here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 25
Jan 14, 2015 at 7:50 PM
Based Member
Bayump.

It looks like the links to the profile.dat tutorial and the flag list by kapow are dead. Anyone got some backups? I thought I had a copy of profile.txt on my hard drive, but I seem to have lost it.

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:57 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I had backups, and the links are operational once more.

Oct 9, 2017 at 7:02 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I think we need to make a note that the iOS version of azarashi is unavailable

Oct 11, 2017 at 1:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Nov 10, 2017 at 1:44 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Cave Story Deluxe on mac? I know that there needs to be an installer, but can't the same thing be accomplished with a .zip file? If it can't, I would love to know why.

Nov 11, 2017 at 3:23 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Cave Story Deluxe on mac? I know that there needs to be an installer, but can't the same thing be accomplished with a .zip file? If it can't, I would love to know why.

The deluxe package is just normal CS packaged with stuff that is linked to UNDER the main deluxe package link with a fancy installer. There is nothing special about it.

However if you really want to know why then you only have to look at the contents:

Cave Story English translation by Aeon Genesis (pre-patched)
Mac port exists.

Org Maker v1.3.4 English translation by Radical R (pre-patched)
Windows only.

Org Maker v1.3.4 guide by Moose
Should work on Mac. Pity it talks about a windows only program.

Ikachan English translation by pheonixj
Windows only.

Cave Story Icon Set by platinumwade
Windows icon formats.

Cave Story's credit illustrations
Should work on Mac.

Balrog papercraft
Should work on Mac.

Cave Story Midis by S. P. Gardebiter
Should work on Mac.

Cave Editor v0.99d by Wistil
Windows only.

Booster's Lab v0.4.1.4 by Noxid
OS agnostic (Java), but edits only the windows port and CS+.