Yikes, where'd everyone go? (My Browser Lagging or Server Hiccup?)

Apr 30, 2009 at 9:27 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Normally, I'd put this in the "Trouble With the Forums?" thread if I was certain it was a server hiccup, but something tells me it was just my browser acting up again. At least it wasn't the D3v1L at work, again...

So, what happened, you ask? Mirai Gamer displayed the old "The page cannot be displayed" message, though other sites loaded up just fine... Except for YouTube, which displayed user's pages in a strange way as this happened, but that just further supports the 2nd theory above...

Anyway, after emptying my Temp. Internet files, I'm finally able to come back, only to find out that everyone was logged out, even the hidden members (Who are not listed by name, but still added in the "Who's Online" count).

Getting to the point, however, was it just my browser that did this or was it something a bit more... Widespread?

Apr 30, 2009 at 9:37 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Bad Beholder said:
Normally, I'd put this in the "Trouble With the Forums?" thread if I was certain it was a server hiccup, but something tells me it was just my browser acting up again. At least it wasn't the D3v1L at work, again...

So, what happened, you ask? Mirai Gamer displayed the old "The page cannot be displayed" message, though other sites loaded up just fine... Except for YouTube, which displayed user's pages in a strange way as this happened, but that just further supports the 2nd theory above...

Anyway, after emptying my Temp. Internet files, I'm finally able to come back, only to find out that everyone was logged out, even the hidden members (Who are not listed by name, but still added in the "Who's Online" count).

Getting to the point, however, was it just my browser that did this or was it something a bit more... Widespread?

Methinks I invoked the Wrath of Chan on this one.
^^;
But, uh, seriously.
Maybe MG is getting too popular.