WHERE THE HELL IS CURLY????

Dec 4, 2020 at 5:00 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
So, Since Cave Story+ Is Free On Epic Store, I Decided To Download it And Get The Best Ending, However Once I Get To The "Clock Room", The Chest is Locked, Which Is Weird; Because It Always Unlock When A True Ending Run Is In Progress. Anyways, I Ignored That and Went All The Way Up To The Plantation. Which I'm Supposed to Find Curly On The Bottom Right Corner. I Went Over There And SHE'S NOT THERE???, And Then I Was Like: Maybe I should Be Imprisoned Before I Get To Curly, I do That, And SHE'S STILL NOT THERE. I Can't Even Get To Ma Pignon; Because I Have To Talk To Cthulhu That is Next To Curly To Get There. And Because Curly Is Not There. I can't Get To Sacred Grounds. This is Complete Bullshit.

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:00 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Did you do everything necessary to get the Third Ending?

1. Ignore Booster
2. Tow Rope
3. Save and Drain Curly
4. Lose her at Main Artery

Dec 4, 2020 at 9:15 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Yes, I Did. And The Same Damn Thing Happened On The Steam Version Of Cave Story+ Where I Just Can't Open The Chest OR Get The Third Ending.

Fuck it. I'm Gonna Restart The Game On a New Save File, And If It Happens Again. I'm Just Gonna Assume It's Broken, And Just Stick To The Freeware Version (Which Perfectly Works With The Third Ending).

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 9:46 PM
"Huzzah!"
as someone who's gotten the best ending on most versions of CS+, you've probably missed a step - if she's not showing up in the plantation, that probably means you left her at the waterway cabin (or forgot to even pick her up at the core)

Dec 4, 2020 at 10:15 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Tbh yeah, that really just sounds like you missed a step. I can also vouch for Eli and say it is possible to get the third ending in the Steam version.

Also do you really need the Nikumaru Counter? Like, do you? Do youuuuu? Hell can be run regardless of it, and speedrunning it won't change the outcome (unless you just wanna go for the 100% run).

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:35 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
if you send me your savefile I could tell you what you forgot to do

Dec 5, 2020 at 12:01 PM
Save File, You Mean "Profile.dat"? I'm Pretty Sure That's Only On The Freeware Version. Otherwise, I Don't Know How.

Tbh yeah, that really just sounds like you missed a step. I can also vouch for Eli and say it is possible to get the third ending in the Steam version.

Also do you really need the Nikumaru Counter? Like, do you? Do youuuuu? Hell can be run regardless of it, and speedrunning it won't change the outcome (unless you just wanna go for the 100% run).
I Told You. The Nikumaru Counter Can Only Be obtained When a Third Ending Run IS in Progress, Which Means If It's Locked, Then I can't Get The Good Ending.

as someone who's gotten the best ending on most versions of CS+, you've probably missed a step - if she's not showing up in the plantation, that probably means you left her at the waterway cabin (or forgot to even pick her up at the core)
No. I Correctly Followed Every Step. Also, I Tested Them On The Freeware Version And I Managed To Get to Ballos and I got the third ending. I want to get the third ending on plus, so I can unlock The Other Challenges. Which For Some Damn Reason, I Can't.

if you send me your savefile I could tell you what you forgot to do
nvm, but it won't let me attach the .data file

Dec 5, 2020 at 9:25 PM
I Managed To Open The Chest, For Some Reason, When I Said Yes To Kazuma But Leaving Him Behind, It Wouldn't Let Me Open The Chest No Matter What. So I Had To Refuse Kazuma's Offer.