Where is Egg Corridor located?

Dec 23, 2021 at 11:51 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I personally believe it is somewhere underneath the Mimiga Village, what do you think?

Dec 24, 2021 at 1:26 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, the Egg Corridor is located right next to the Outer Wall, which might be near the bottom of the island. Mimiga Village, showing no signs of being near the bottom or edge of the island, has a chance of being higher up, so I think your proposition is probable.

There used to be this really cool image showing a possibility for where all the maps in Cave Story overlap, but it looks like most of the links to that image are broken now.

Dec 24, 2021 at 2:46 AM
"Huzzah!"
tbh egg corridor is one of the most easily placeable locations, being next to the outer wall - i see it as closer to the top of the island, albeit still around the half-way point, depending on your personal theories for sense of scale (i personally think there's a bunch more of the outer wall underneath what we see, though the outer wall being on the right and the balcony's position on the left is confusing... but i'm getting off topic).

for sake of not using a billion words to overdescribe something simple, here's a (very) rough map i just drew to get across my thoughts:

Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 1.45.01 pm.png

absolutely not to scale and super messy but i hope this gets my thoughts across - egg corridor/mimiga village being roughly on the same level, the artery travelling from waterway behind mimiga village and up to the plantation, etc... if i could draw in 3D i'd probably have waterway begin up around the same area as the core before dropping down

Dec 24, 2021 at 12:38 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
The Egg Corridor is located on the island. :p

Where exactly?
I like to think of it being somewhere on the eastern half (seeing as it links to the Outer Wall), but also near the Sand Zone (probably above it) since Outer Wall and Sand Zone both have sand crocs.

Dec 24, 2021 at 5:10 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
since Outer Wall and Sand Zone both have sand crocs
This is a very interesting point I haven't seen being brought up before. I'd always thought Sand Zone's location would remain a mystery seeing as how we teleport to and away from it, but you have brought up a very nice indirect method of reasoning. I never knew there were more stones to unturn, so to speak. Thank you for this idea!

Dec 24, 2021 at 7:14 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
There used to be this really cool image showing a possibility for where all the maps in Cave Story overlap, but it looks like most of the links to that image are broken now.
This one?
1640373205426.png

Dec 24, 2021 at 8:28 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."