What the Hell

Aug 31, 2008 at 3:34 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Kageryushin said:
Myspace is a blight upon the Internet, a brothel filled with attention whores who fight over who has more people on their friend's list. It has twice the ability for tasteless self-promotion as any other site on the Internet does. Myspace's "mission statement" is to function as a "meat market" for registered sex offenders to search for secretly fat 16 year old girls and camwhores who take it in the ass (once again, I, Kage, knew this fact months before it hit the wire). As a web site, it's a lethargically coded piece of shit, rivaled in shittyness only by Quizilla; as a concept, it is a scourge on the entire human race and the epitome of Western insolence.
Amen.

4chan ownz everything anyway.

Everything except this place, that is.

freezit4 said:
I'm one of the least gay of all my friends THEN.

I shudder to think what "gay" or "most gay" would imply if this is what you call "least gay".

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:17 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
I shudder to think what "gay" or "most gay" would imply if this is what you call "least gay".
That's the point. At least.

Btw have a look at your mirror before saying anything :p

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:18 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Roonil Wazlib said:

Isn't it obvious? :p

My other friends don't even have anything to do with the internet. Not even MSN, AIM, etc. omfg!

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:29 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Metalogz said:
My other friends don't even have anything to do with the internet. Not even MSN, AIM, etc. omfg!
Same goes to the best of my friends. They are also one of the latest to have cellphones!

Aug 31, 2008 at 9:38 AM
Justin-chan
You don't need to have something to do with the internet to be cool. Hell, you're cooler if you don't have anything to do with the internet, you'd have a life and go out with friends mroe frequently. And you won't become a typical no-life emo kid who hangs out on the internet like a jcys810.

Sep 1, 2008 at 12:52 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Simply because you don't have a life.

At least I have a bit of mine, as stated in my whatever status thing. And jcys, you now sound a bit like Metal with that referring to yourself as a general noun.

Actually, there shouldn't be any distinguishment between internet and RL since internet is in RL, a part of RL, a subset of RL,
Internet ϵ RL
But it could also be said that the term RL shouldn't even exist in this context unless you think everything in the internet ain't real or RL means something else like Rice Lassi, a bit like Rice Dream?

Sep 1, 2008 at 3:52 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
It's easy to argue that the Internet is real. It's real enough to affect government policy and real people are behind the monitor you use to chat with them.

On the other hand, the relationships and ties we form on the Internet are tenuous and fleeting. You often aren't even able to see the people you're talking to beyond their avatars.

It's ultimately all up to personal opinion, I guess.

Sep 1, 2008 at 4:17 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The main difference between the internet and real life in the anonymity, and the general freedom to do pretty much anything within the limitations of the internet and the computer running it. It is a part of real life but it would be foolish to think that it is real life. Still, that still doesn't stop a heckuva lot of people from taking advantage of the general lack of discipline. The whole "don't take the internet seriously" shindig should read in full "don't take the internet seriously or else it is a horrible place to be in" :p But at least you can choose where you want to go so I guess there's some control over that.

Sep 1, 2008 at 8:36 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
DoubleThink said:
The main difference between the internet and real life in the anonymity, and the general freedom to do pretty much anything within the limitations of the internet and the computer running it. It is a part of real life but it would be foolish to think that it is real life. Still, that still doesn't stop a heckuva lot of people from taking advantage of the general lack of discipline. The whole "don't take the internet seriously" shindig should read in full "don't take the internet seriously or else it is a horrible place to be in" :p But at least you can choose where you want to go so I guess there's some control over that.

This is basically the same thing I said except spoken less eloquently.

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:02 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
jcys810 said:
You don't need to have something to do with the internet to be cool. Hell, you're cooler if you don't have anything to do with the internet, you'd have a life and go out with friends mroe frequently. And you won't become a typical no-life emo kid who hangs out on the internet like a jcys810.

I didn't say that you'd be cool if you did that. I'm saying that they're so... out of touch with times, you know what I mean? Like... They're still living in caves doukutsus while others are living in air-conditioned rooms... >_>

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:24 PM
graters gonna grate
WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING THAT!?!?

Edit: hehe, that looks really weird now that AAKid's "GET ON THE BALL!" post was deleted...