What if Sue died instead of Toroko?

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:37 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
So basically they get Sue cause they thought Toroko was Sue, and they bring Toroko back, and Kazuma and Booster worry for Sue. So basically they try to find Sue everywhere, and you are sent to the Sand Zone to find Sue and destroy the red flowers. Everything else is normal for the Sand Zone until you go into the warehouse, and they send sue instead to the warehouse to test her with the red flowers. What would happen next? Please help me continue the story, thanks

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:48 AM
"Huzzah!"
i don't think sue would've been brought to the warehouse or 'thrown away' just to test the potency of the red flowers - toroko was probably chosen because she wasn't of any further use to the doctor (or misery wanted to get rid of her to cover her previous mistake) - if anything, the doctor'd probably use her to test the red crystal or something and then you'd have to fight her afterwards in a similar situation to the warehouse, just post-plantation

can't wait for cave story's 8th ending to be discovered where toroko and king live but in exchange sue dies to the weed crystal

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:52 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
i don't think sue would've been brought to the warehouse or 'thrown away' just to test the potency of the red flowers - toroko was probably chosen because she wasn't of any further use to the doctor (or misery wanted to get rid of her to cover her previous mistake) - if anything, the doctor'd probably use her to test the red crystal or something and then you'd have to fight her afterwards in a similar situation to the warehouse, just post-plantation

can't wait for cave story's 8th ending to be discovered where toroko and king live but in exchange sue dies to the weed crystal
I understand, but I mean like, just what if? What if something just went through the Doctor's head to "Kill Sue with red flowrr" And how would Momorin and Kazuma feel when the Doctor killed Sue?

Apr 13, 2022 at 11:43 AM
"Huzzah!"
I understand, but I mean like, just what if? What if something just went through the Doctor's head to "Kill Sue with red flowrr" And how would Momorin and Kazuma feel when the Doctor killed Sue?
then she'd be dead and momorin/kaz would be very upset about it, probably :V

Apr 13, 2022 at 11:47 AM
What would they say though

Apr 14, 2022 at 1:10 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
What would they say though
Sounds like you are really eager to visualize this scenario and think through what the exact dialogue would be. You can always try to bring this scenario to life by writing a fanfiction or making a mod. I don't think anyone else is up for writing up these scenes of mourning, but if you were to put out a demo or fanfiction, I'm sure the community would be happy to give feedback on it and help the dialogue feel more natural.

If you're really stuck trying to figure out what Momorin's grieving process would be like, I think there's some of that in "The Stranger I Knew". This is one of the most well-known Cave Story fanfictions, and Sue dies at the beginning. I don't remember exactly how it all plays out, but at some point, I'm pretty sure that Momorin finds out that Sue died, so wherever that part might be, maybe that can give you some inspiration.