There may have been a english translation of the Cave Story beta!

Jun 3, 2022 at 12:08 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Decided to waste my time and dig so nobody has to.

"The Stone" is real, but was never made by a company called "Intrinsix." As far as I'm concerned, that company never existed. The game was made in 1999 and developed/published by a now defunct company called "Abject Modernity Internet Creations", and was fairly popular with the game even being shown off at events like E3 and covered by a lot of major news sites. The game and company was shut down in 2008 and almost seemed to be some sort of puzzle ARG-esque game. The CEO of Abject and creator of The Stone has given fans permission to archive the puzzles in the fansite that hosts "The Portal", but outside of that, they're currently busy being a politician for the Canadian Parliament.

What's that? What about the Cave Story Beta? Yeah, there's nothing about it listed anywhere. Given that "Intrinsix" seemingly never existed, yeah, no Cave Story Beta, especially in English, is anywhere to be found with them. Unless there's some deep Pixel lore where he's actually an agent with the Canadian Parliament in hiding in Japan, there's no way they have the beta. I honestly kind of wish this rabbit hole went deeper, but that's really it.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 6:51 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Decided to waste my time and dig so nobody has to.

"The Stone" is real, but was never made by a company called "Intrinsix." As far as I'm concerned, that company never existed. The game was made in 1999 and developed/published by a now defunct company called "Abject Modernity Internet Creations", and was fairly popular with the game even being shown off at events like E3 and covered by a lot of major news sites. The game and company was shut down in 2008 and almost seemed to be some sort of puzzle ARG-esque game. The CEO of Abject and creator of The Stone has given fans permission to archive the puzzles in the fansite that hosts "The Portal", but outside of that, they currently busy being a politician for the Canadian Parliament.

What's that? What about the Cave Story Beta? Yeah, there's nothing about it listed anywhere. Given that "Intrinsix" seemingly never existed, yeah, no Cave Story Beta, especially in English, is anywhere to be found with them. Unless there's some deep Pixel lore where he's actually an agent with the Canadian Parliament in hiding in Japan, there's no way they have the beta. I honestly kind of wish this rabbit hole went deeper, but that's really it.
B-B-But, if Topazz says that one of his family members work for Intrisix and that Pixel gave him the super duper secret Cave Story Beta in English it has to be true riiiiiiight!?!?!?
/s obviously.

Jun 3, 2022 at 10:24 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
the stone is a real game intrinsics is a real company it might have a different name but is still real how do i know i have concept ark from the stone i have assets from the stone and i have merchandise from the stone if you do not believe me i will even show you it

my guess is that intrinsics work on the stone internally without credits on is a real game and was made by intrinsics with another company

i'm sorry for the crappy writing i'm using the microphone on the fire stick tv is hard to edit comments and stuff so i can't really do anything

Jun 3, 2022 at 11:10 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
the stone is a real game intrinsics is a real company it might have a different name but is still real how do i know i have concept ark from the stone i have assets from the stone and i have merchandise from the stone if you do not believe me i will even show you it
I think you’d help your case slightly if you actually posted this supposed proof you have of Intrinsix’s (or Intrinsics as you’re calling it now) existence instead of just saying you have stuff or making all these claims and then telling people to google things rather than providing a link yourself.

Either way, whether or not ‘The Stone’ or that company exists, I still highly doubt they ever had any beta version of Cave Story. But the fact you are giving us nothing but claims and just bringing up more “proof” you have isn’t helping.

EDIT: Was browsing thru the Cave Story discord and found out they already admitted it was fake like days ago (not that it wasn’t obvious) but I just thought that was funny considering they kept up the facade for days after. 9155FE8B-54F0-43F7-9A44-B6C89FB354E7.jpeg

Last edited: