The quoting game

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:42 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
The way this works is someone posts a complete or incomplete quote, without the name of the person being quoted and without the "show post" link. The next person tries to figure out where the quote is from. Using the search function is cheating. Though of course I have no way of enforcing this rule, so search away if you must but it's more fun not to. The quotes should be at least somewhat memorable so that people have a chance of remembering where they're from.

I'll start:

he doesn't even have a chance to do his hover-and-let-the-balls-fly (yes, I'm aware of how perverted that sounded) attack.

And you are allowed to quote yourself
which might be a subtle hint at figuring out the one I just posted O_o

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:20 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I remember that quote, and I'm pretty sure it was you.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:43 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I think you should have to put whoever posted it too when you list the quote, since otherwise finding it will be really hard. (Doesn't apply to this one I guess, since we have NO CLUE who posted that).

Either that or they, to quote you, should be memorable.

Jun 4, 2010 at 3:02 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
That one doesn't search anyway.

And that is the Doctor, If you didn't catch it.

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:22 AM
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I thought we were guessing just simply the name of the poster who posted the quote in question, not like the thread and all that? And I really don't think you have to find the subject, crown... or maybe I'm wrong.

Explain the rules in better detail, cheese!

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:06 PM
graters gonna grate
Okay sorry if the rules were unclear. An appropriate response to my initial post would have been:

Wedge of Cheese said:
You're not the first to say this, so I think I will make him a little harder. At the very least, I will increase the HP of his second form, because right now, you usually kill him so fast that he doesn't even have a chance to do his hover-and-let-the-balls-fly (yes, I'm aware of how perverted that sounded) attack.

Basically complete the quote with the name of poster and the link (";44138" in this case). In this case the post was extremely long, so I just posted the part that was relevant.

Bolding the original text is optional.

In hindsight, that one was probably a little too obscure/not memorable enough.

Does that make sense, or...?

I'm too lazy to come up with another, so someone else do one.

Jun 4, 2010 at 10:22 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
My friend shit himself when he saw Ballos's fourth form for the first time.

Good luck.

Also I think it should be a rule that the original poster of said quote cannot reveal the post, and such.

Jun 5, 2010 at 2:51 PM
graters gonna grate
I agree. Also, it's okay to discuss the quote with other people in the thread (i.e. "I think it might have been in the thread..." or "It was posted by..." etc).

Unfortunately, I have nothing to contribute to the discovery of Gir's quote so yeah...

Jun 6, 2010 at 2:39 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
I think I remember that quote, actually...
If I recall it was whyme or Ryetone who said it in some lousy thread...

Jun 6, 2010 at 2:45 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It's too cohesive to be Ryuu.
I definitely remember it, but I think it might have been Jacob or for some reason uncydave >.>

Whyme is a good guess too.

Jun 6, 2010 at 9:57 PM
Maybe we should pick more famouser quotes, that most of the veterans know. I can think of a few classics.

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:01 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Captain Fabulous said:
Maybe we should pick more famouser quotes, that most of the veterans know. I can think of a few classics.

Yeah, truth be told I couldn't find/remember-at-all wedge of cheese's quote, and I couldn't give you the name of the thread that the quote I posted came from.

I could tell you who posted it, though.

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:11 PM
Well, for those of you who give up on Cheese's quote (sorry for stealing your thunder, man), here is some MGF history for you people:
A random idea just crossed my mind:

A few days after acquiring the Crown I asked Misery if it was true that she had to carry out every command I gave her.
"Yes, my lord," she responded, "I cannot defy the one who wields the Crown."
"So if I tell you to, um, take your clothes off..."
"I will be obliged to do so, yes."
She was staring at me while I was pondering about what I just learned. "Do it," I finally said.
Without even a single word, she dropped her trousers, took off her top and didn't even hesitate to throw away her underwear. As she stood in front of me, naked and expressionless, I suddenly realized that she wasn't at all ashamed of it. I must have kept staring at her for a little too long, because a sudden simper crossed her face and she asked: "Would you like me to do anything else, my lord?" Well, to cut a long story short, we ended up having sex. Long, passionate sex. After the act, as we lay down next to each other, she snuggled up against me and whispered: "You are a great lover, my lord. Even better than Annachponae."
"Annachponae..?" I gasped when I realized that I actually did see the name recently. I didn't sleep well that night. And I never, ever made love to Misery again.

Jun 12, 2010 at 10:45 PM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
So like, would it be possible for you to act like a normal person and not the submissive victim of BDSM roleplay?

Thought it was noteworthy.