Sue's Workshop boss glitch & Info about TSC tags

Mar 26, 2006 at 8:55 PM
"Huzzah!"
How do you fix it

also I have some info about TSC tags

<SSS means start stream sound, likewise <CSS means cease stream sound

<SPS means start propeller sound, so <CPS means cease propeller sound

<UNI makes Quote appear to be floating underwater able to move in any direction unless indicated otherwise by <MYD

in <CNP, <ANP, & <MNP etc. NP means NPc not eNtity P

<NCJx:y means NpC Jump it is used as: jump to event Y if sprite X exists

in <HMC & <SMC MC means my charcter & since your charcter's not there it doesn't need to show your status bars

also does anyone know if there's a way to jump to an event apon defeating a group of enemys

& does anyone know what <MMO & <DNA do?

Mar 27, 2006 at 4:25 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
No, you've got UNI wrong, I did some testing.

<UNI0001 locks the player's facing direction (left or right only), locks the screen scroll and lets him move freely (zero G).
<UNI0002 locks the player's movement completely, but he can still shoot.
<UNI0000 unlocks. (at least after UNI0001)

Edit: Also the NP in NP can't stand for NPc, because CMP uses the same format.
My theory is P = Piece

Mar 27, 2006 at 5:22 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Is there anyway to enable the Zero-G, yet have the screen scroll?

Mar 28, 2006 at 1:25 AM
Well, I haven't tried all possible values for <UNI, but 0002 and 9999 do the same thing. (lock movement entirely). It looks like <UNI was very specifically designed for the fight with Ironhead.

you could make the screen scroll with a bunch of on hit triggers that just do <FOM, though.

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:54 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Unless the triggers stop working as soon as you use them (not sure how to do that other then copious flags) then its note worthy that you can't press pause while on them. In my game in lower grasstown hit pause while on a pressure sensitive switch...

Also upthorn wouldn't that also make you invincible?

Or maybe I haven't put enough thought into how that idea would actually work...

Sorry if this post sounds stupid or is really wrong (i'll delete if it is) but I'm a trial and error learner, and havn't gotten to play with this stuff yet.

Mar 28, 2006 at 4:51 AM
SeriousFace said:
Unless the triggers stop working as soon as you use them (not sure how to do that other then copious flags) then its note worthy that you can't press pause while on them. In my game in lower grasstown hit pause while on a pressure sensitive switch...

Also upthorn wouldn't that also make you invincible?
Well, yeah, you need some flags to make them only work once per touch
but you only need two, and you alternate.
example:
<FLJ5000:1002<FL+5000<FL-5001<FOM<END
<FLJ5001:1002<FL+5001<FL-5000<FOM<END
<END
Without that kind of flag jumping, exactly what you described would happen.
Also, I probably should have explained for neonlare, you can't put triggers right next to each other or you run into the entity limit. So scrolling isn't going to be smooth.

Edit: I have tested, and the above does not work. And not just because I used the wrong syntax for FOM.
UNI disables FOM. The only work around is <UNI0000<FOM0001<WAI0001<UNI0001
This is VERY AWKWARD, and results in extremely Jerky screen movement.

Mar 29, 2006 at 8:54 PM
"Huzzah!"
upthorn said:
No, you've got UNI wrong, I did some testing.

<UNI0001 locks the player's facing direction (left or right only), locks the screen scroll and lets him move freely (zero G).
<UNI0002 locks the player's movement completely, but he can still shoot.
<UNI0000 unlocks. (at least after UNI0001)

Edit: Also the NP in NP can't stand for NPc, because CMP uses the same format.
My theory is P = Piece

yeah UNI is like that but the values are the same as <MYD (directional values) as according to kapow's TSC notes are 0000=left 0001=up 0002=right 0003=down & 0004=center (for <MYB right & left are reversed)

& <CMP means Change Map Portion it has nothing to do with NPC's entity's events or whatever you want to call them

& I found out how to jump to an event apon the defeat of a group of enemys
you just make a flag jump chain where defeating each enemy adds a link to the chain

& DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THE SUES'S WORKSHOP BOSS GLITCH!!!

Mar 30, 2006 at 12:50 AM
caveoholic! said:
yeah UNI is like that but the values are the same as <MYD (directional values) as according to kapow's TSC notes are 0000=left 0001=up 0002=right 0003=down & 0004=center (for <MYB right & left are reversed)
No, the values for UNI are not directions. I have done extensive testing with this. UNI0001 turns zero-g on and locks the view window. UNI0002-UNI9999 locks all player movement. UNI0000 turns it off.
It does not change directions. If you're facing left before UNI0001, you will still face left. If you're facing right, you will still face right. If you're facing up or down, you will face whichever direction (left or right) you last moved in.

caveoholic! said:
& <CMP means Change Map Portion it has nothing to do with NPC's entity's events or whatever you want to call them
I am aware it has nothing to do with entities.
My point is that
<CNP and <CMP are the same except that the M in CMP is for Map, not eNtity.

caveoholic! said:
& DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THE SUES'S WORKSHOP BOSS GLITCH!!!
Um. You can write your own editor that doesn't break the exe, or you can keep a copy of the original exe, and load it up for boss fights. There is no fix, only workarounds.

Mar 30, 2006 at 12:47 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Prof. Eich mailed me, he said, he will work on the problem...

Mar 30, 2006 at 9:31 PM
"Huzzah!"
upthorn said:
No, the values for UNI are not directions. I have done extensive testing with this. UNI0001 turns zero-g on and locks the view window. UNI0002-UNI9999 locks all player movement. UNI0000 turns it off.
It does not change directions. If you're facing left before UNI0001, you will still face left. If you're facing right, you will still face right. If you're facing up or down, you will face whichever direction (left or right) you last moved in.

I am aware it has nothing to do with entities.
My point is that
<CNP and <CMP are the same except that the M in CMP is for Map, not eNtity.

Um. You can write your own editor that doesn't break the exe, or you can keep a copy of the original exe, and load it up for boss fights. There is no fix, only workarounds.

in the fight with Ironhead you could move up down or faster forword
but not backwords when I tested <UNI0001 I could move freely in all directions how is this possible?

just because they use the same format & they both have <C( )P doesn't mean that the P in them has to mean the same thing & I just think that Change NPc makes more sense because the game itself calls them NPC's

& how do you make your edited exe refernce the original exe when fighting bosses? I dont believe there's any TSC tags that can do that.

Mar 31, 2006 at 5:18 AM
caveoholic! said:
in the fight with Ironhead you could move up down or faster forword but not backwords when I tested <UNI0001 I could move freely in all directions how is this possible?
In the fight with Iron Head, you can move backwards. You just can't FACE backwards. When you move backwards in the fight with Iron Head, it Looks like you're still moving forward, but slower, because the background and foreground are all moving to make it look like you're rushing forward.

caveoholic! said:
just because they use the same format & they both have <C( )P doesn't mean that the P in them has to mean the same thing & I just think that Change NPc makes more sense because the game itself calls them NPC's
Where does the game itself call them NPCs? (and my guess was that the P stands for piece. Change Map Piece, Change (eNtity/Npc) Piece, Move (eNtity/Npc) Piece, etc...)

caveoholic! said:
& how do you make your edited exe refernce the original exe when fighting bosses? I dont believe there's any TSC tags that can do that.
<SVP<MS2Please exit and run "[name of the unedited exe]"<NOD<ESC
And then, on the boss's defeat (or the defeat of the string of bosses)
<SVP<MS2Please exit and run "[name of the edited exe]"<NOD<ESC
This relies on the player being able to read and understand what you're saying, but until there's a fixed version of Sue's Workshop, it's the only way to make edits that use extra maps and still have playable bosses.

If your edit does NOT use extra maps, or change the sprite sheets or tilesets on any of the existing maps, then you can use the original EXE with no problem.

Apr 1, 2006 at 2:57 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
upthorn said:
If your edit does NOT use extra maps, or change the sprite sheets or tilesets on any of the existing maps, then you can use the original EXE with no problem.
I've changed the sprite sets and tilesets on many maps and the bosses still work fine, or at least Ballos does. And if it's just an SW problem, you can use Miza to edit and just make a new map manually by copying and pasting an old one or something.

Apr 1, 2006 at 1:26 PM
Problem is there's a table of maps stored in the EXE, and miza doesn't write to it. So, while you can make new maps with Miza, you can't get them to work in the game with Miza.

You can with Sue's Workshop, but if you change any of the map properties (sprite sheet, tileset, map size), or add any new maps with Sue's Workshop, the bosses that use <BOA disappear..

Apr 1, 2006 at 4:24 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, prof. Eich look for the problem, maybe he can fix the bug...