Starcraft II

Oct 22, 2009 at 11:51 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Shunned

xristosx said:
Get out of your own thread now, thou shal not spread such blasphemy, Heresy i say!
Nooo!
Forgive my heretic words!

xristosx said:
Schokobecher said:
stfu.

Also:

SC 2 lacks LAN.
I wan't LAN.
No LAN, No SC 2.
simple as pie.

Yeah, im totally pissed at them for doing that (as is alot of people in the starcraft community),i think they have good reasons for it, but seriously, removing lan in a multiplayer game like that, its like digging their own grave, but we'll see what happens until its released, who knows they might give lan back, also pigs may grow wings and begin to fly, also the floating island will become reality ._. do i need to keep going? lol
I think they're cutting out the LAN because they're going to start charging for those who play on Battle.net {Bundling WoW with it, I believe}, and why would they let you go play the game for free over LAN?
{That includes the original Starcraft and all the other games already released}
I hope this doesn't actually happen >.>;

Oct 22, 2009 at 11:54 PM
essentially spirited away for an indefinite time.
"..."
Re: Shunned

You shall get outta this thread!

Oct 22, 2009 at 11:59 PM
Been here way too long...
what?
it's his thread, lady.

Oct 23, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Can't they just make another paid MMO for it so we can play the real game online WITHOUT PAYING?

Oct 23, 2009 at 12:18 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
What has happened to our beloved Blizzard?

Fire1052 said:
Can't they just make another paid MMO for it so we can play the real game online WITHOUT PAYING?
That's what I thought. WoW should be getting them tons of cash with over 4.5 million subscribers...
I'd hate to think Blizzard has become greedy, they're one of my favorite gaming companies >.>;

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:55 AM
Banned
Re: What has happened to our beloved Blizzard?

WORlD OF STARCRAFT!

Oct 23, 2009 at 11:45 AM
Hoxtilicious

Ryuuoutan said:
You shall get outta this thread!

I'm warning you again Ryuuoutan: Stop the spamming and be nice to Lowell.

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:03 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
inb4shitstorm

Also, tbh, I'm not feeling the love from the SC2 Terran tech. tree.
It's cool and all with that radar-jiggy and the Reapers, but it kinda just feels like a rip off of some game I played a long time ago, back in the days when disks flopped in the breeze, and the writing of words was on a star.
(The title of said game escapes me... I'll have to look it up. Wasn't an RTS though. Single-player turn-based strategy in space. And IIRC, it had something called the Demolisher... OH! And one of the resources was harvested from a rock shaped like a pine cone.)

Also, if I really think about it...
Protoss = Self-detrimenting emos
Terran = Nerds with too many toys
Zerg = 8-Legged Rape Machines
Xel Naga = Self-detrimenting emos with too many toys and pet 8-legged rape machines

Oct 23, 2009 at 8:31 PM
essentially spirited away for an indefinite time.
"..."

No. (not short)

Oct 23, 2009 at 9:29 PM
Banned

inb4ragehammer

Ryuuoutan, that's not a good idea. You're spamming, offtopicing, and you're disregarding the administrator, who was kind enough to give you some helpful advice.

SO HEY, ABOUT THAT STARCRAFT. I've never actually played Starcraft... I watched my brother play a pirated copy of it back when it was a sort of newer game, and I didn't really understand it too well. I just know that it's supposedly pretty fun. Maybe I'll get two just to get an unbiased word in about the game.

Also, Lowell? Heretic isn't an adjective. It's a noun. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. AGAIN.

Oct 23, 2009 at 9:53 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh..

Actually, I did that one on purpose. ;);

Anyways, Blizzard hasn't released the Beta yet, which means it's still looking for Beta players :D
I'm signing up right now. {Diablo 3 and WoW are included Beta options, too}
Hope I get picked....

Oct 25, 2009 at 7:02 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Look what I found!

Apparently, the Terrans are getting a Transformer, now.
It's called, the Terra-tron.
Unfortunately, as epic as it is {It's built out of an entire base!}, I don't think it's real.
The description screams "Joke", and the unit's not even listed on the Terran unit list. {I found the page through Google}
Though, there's a possibility they're not officially showing it because they haven't finished all of the building tech tree, which would change the unit's looks and attacks.
Still, weither it's real or not, those videos were pretty epic.

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:02 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Starcraft 1.5!

What's this? Starcraft in 3D? But SCII isn't out yet..!
p88322-0-titlescreen.jpg

Behold! Project Revolution.
It's a rather old-ish Warcraft III total conversion mod that turns WCIII into SC.
Although, not perfect, it's still pretty neat. Here's some more screenshots:
p88322-1-its3d.jpg

p88322-2-towar.jpg

p88322-3-youcalleddownthethunder.jpg

Inorder to play this, you'll need Warcraft III and the expansion, along with a Starcraft disc {in order to get the sounds, and so Blizzard doesn't shut them down for copyright reasons}.
The setup and installation is a little complicated, but they've got a full video tutorial on how to do it.

I've had a little fun with it, but it's not finished, this is just a demo for the Terrans. {Protoss Probes can't even mine.}
There's only AI support for Terrans {And it's not too challenging}, but the Zerg player will start mining from a Geyser as soon as the game starts, he won't even put an Extractor on it. {Funny to watch, I'm pretty sure it's the regular WCIII AI taking over and mining for gold}
But, this is just a demo for the Terran race.
The Terrans are 100% done, and the Zerg roughly 80%.
'Toss are so underdeveloped, their Nexus doesn't even have a death animation. {It just fades}
Though, I'm afraid that's all that will be done on this. There hasn't been an update from them since '07, and "Project Resurrection", by a totally different team, is just a sorta crappy remake of the campaign for the Terrans. {In the second mission, they didn't even add the Geyser}

Still, a little something to tide you over 'till SCII. :D

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:19 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Now Warcraft III isn't so lame!

and @Terra-Tron: that was an April fool's day thing almost seven months before you saw it.

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:24 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Unhappy face

thecrown said:
and @Terra-Tron: that was an April fool's day thing almost seven months before you saw it.
I figured as much >.>; {Description was an instant red flag}
I found it because Google came up with the page when I was searching for something.
Instead of deleting the page, they just removed it's links from the site.
Still, that's epic.